Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice Needed/Rights

Options
  • 23-08-2006 12:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,424 ✭✭✭

Hi all!

Haven't posted to this forum before but need some advice..

I am just about to move into a house next week, owner occupied, which I was a bit worried about but the place was so nice I decided to break my rule regarding living with the owner and go for it. Anyway its a 3 bedroom house, and another guy is due to move in next week as well. I called to the house last night to pay one month rent and deposit and collect the key. Everything was fine and going smoothly until I was leaving and he said 'oh by the way my girlfriend is moving in as well so the bills will be split 4 ways'. At the time I was too shocked to react and just headed off. But when I got home it hit me. I dont want to live with a couple, esp when one of them owns the house. The place is really great and Id hate to give it up, plus he has my money. I cant understand why he didnt tell me this before I handed over the cheque...

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Have you any experience of living with a couple? Can I get my money back if I decide its not for me etc?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭blue banana

I don't know what your rights are, but he absolutely should have informed you of this when he showed you round the house. I would definetly mention it to him.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,215 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Has he cashed the cheque yet? Go have a word with him explaining the situation saying that you dont want to live with a couple and you were never informed about it so you've changed your mind.

If that doesnt work stop the cheque maybe?

Advertisement