Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New MacDonagh Junction website link

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Looking at the concept art there, it looks very nice inded. I like how they plan to integrate the old railway station buildings into it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,497 ✭✭✭✭road_high

How lucky are we to have bustling towns like Roscrea, Carrick-on-suir, Cashel in a 45 minute radius (drive time section)- are they trying to drive away potential investors or something. They might as well have included Athy too for good measure:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭Firetrap

mfitzy wrote:
    How lucky are we to have bustling towns like Roscrea, Carrick-on-suir, Cashel in a 45 minute radius (drive time section)- are they trying to drive away potential investors or something. They might as well have included Athy too for good measure:D

The mere mention of Athy would scare away all but the bravest of souls. Of course, they used to have a bustling market of their own.... :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,473 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Pity they can't spell Carrick on Suir correctly! Carrig indeed!

Is Kilkenny city really big enough for 2 Dunnes Stores esp with one already under a mile away?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,515 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Bond-007 wrote:
    Pity they can't spell Carrick on Suir correctly! Carrig indeed!

Is Kilkenny city really big enough for 2 Dunnes Stores esp with one already under a mile away?

Big enough for two Dunnes but not even big enough for a Tesco?

Weird going's on tbh, ah well sure its Kilkennys loss, glad Callan is now getting a Tesco's :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Good ol' Kilkenny grocery cartel. I thought Tesco were applying for planning permission to open in the mart? Has it been denied?

Stephen wrote:
    Good ol' Kilkenny grocery cartel. I thought Tesco were applying for planning permission to open in the mart? Has it been denied?

The mart site has n't even gone to planning yet i think- they have to move out to Lyrath business park first and then they can proceed with redevelopment of the site.
    Tesco have been waiting years and years to get into KK, an appropriate site was never availiable (rezoning quite strict in KK). They have holding on for the mart, and it is almost certain they will be anchor tenant along with Marks and Spencers. The cartel you mention may finally be coming to a welcome end!They have a website, but it's not fully ready yet;
    http://www.citymart.ie/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

Seriously does Kilkenny need all of these shopping centres?

John

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,479 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

Lump wrote:
    Seriously does Kilkenny need all of these shopping centres?

John

Does anywhere need all these shopping centres? Why is it our Sundays are filled with shopping now?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 oceanicsky

mfitzy wrote:
    The mart site has n't even gone to planning yet i think- they have to move out to Lyrath business park first and then they can proceed with redevelopment of the site.
    Tesco have been waiting years and years to get into KK, an appropriate site was never availiable (rezoning quite strict in KK). They have holding on for the mart, and it is almost certain they will be anchor tenant along with Marks and Spencers. The cartel you mention may finally be coming to a welcome end!They have a website, but it's not fully ready yet;
    http://www.citymart.ie/

is it going head? city mart?

• Advertisement

oceanicsky wrote:
    is it going head? city mart?

Yes. Without doubt it's going ahead. the mart have now moved to a new site on the Carlow road. The Barrack st site will be demolished in the coming months.
    They are contructing it in 2 phases, the first to start construction next spring/early summer I'm told. Phase 1 will incorporate Tesco and apparently M&S. Phase 2 to include cinema, hotel etc.

Advertisement