Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Surf Trip

Options
  • 23-08-2006 12:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭

See its all getting serious,...now we have our own forum! Just thought i'd lay the ground for a continuation of the conversation in "extreme sports" forum about the .......ROAD TRIP .....woo hoo!

(October trip)

Tripers Dates not available
    kjt
    littlesurfer - sat14-sun 16th other than that i'm free
    68 lost souls - 4th/5th and 16th/17th
    cue- 8th or 14th/15th

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭kjt

lol damn you!!!, you got here before me.
    Good find though.

So surfing trip for the new and the old, the Pro's and the not so pro's haha
    It doesn't matter how good you are, whether you've gone surfing before or not, Come one come all.

We have no definite date yet but we're hoping a week in October (no the 14th ;))

So Sign up and we get the ball rolling:
    Myself
    littlesurfer
    68 lost souls
    cue

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭littlesurfer

glad you found your way...and they say women have a bad sense of direction!!!!

Anyway bring on this surf trip!! hope people will add their names to the list!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Spastafarian

Where are ye going? I'll go if it's around the clare/kerry region but sligo/donegal's a bit too far for me.

And they say men can't multi-task :P
    I'm fixing about 3/4computer on the phones AND surfing boards ;)

We don't know where we're heading yet. I'm sure you could bunk a lift of somebody. And a BUG maybe... if we were to get alorra lorra people to go maybe we could rent a coach and get it cheap enough for everybody.

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Spastafarian

Well I have a car so I won't need a lift, and anyway I live in Limerick. I just couldn't be arsed driving all the way to donegal when spanish point and ballybunion are right over there --->

• Advertisement

Where? I can't see lol.
    Welp it's a good while away and we still have to see how many people are going. I'm sure we can have a vote on where to go also. I'm easy anyways, once theirs waves and booze and a camping site(any field) I'm game.

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭cue

14th not good for me either but any other time is sweet. I'm gonna head down to Sligo on the 2nd or 3rd september (depending on forecast) if anyone is interested.

Yea I'd be interested in that cue. If I can get a friend to head down I'm a deffo.

ooh so many new developements....exciting

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Peace

Y'ar, I'll lend my support to a trip. It would need to be somewhere where lessons & rental board could be provided as I'm the noob.

So i'll provide myself and ye can provide de womin.

• Advertisement

I suggest we all stay in touch then and as we get nearer the time we can start to book whatever it is that we need in order to have fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

Will probably be attempting to save for the first college trip of the year, so count me out for this one :) though if alls a success i'd be more than up for it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,986 ✭✭✭68 lost souls

Ok well if little Surfer could edit her first post on this page and puta list of those interested in it and then put a list of dates that people arent available it would be good Im not available the last weekend in october or the 4th/5th and 16th/17th both those second dates are midweek anyway so I doubt that we would be heading away then. Debs yay!

okay done.

if everybody could post the dates they're available then I'l keep re editing until we have a full list then we can come up with a date from there......

Oops! I meant to say 18th/19th not the 16th/17th. Also we should put together a list of possible locations.

1) Donegal, camping on the site behind the dunes in Rossnoulagh with toilets and showers.

2) Donegal renting a house or two between us either in surfers cove or the other place in Bundoran,

In both of these places they have bord rental beside the beachs and lessons for those requireing them. Easkey Brittons school is in Rossnoughlagh and they have prob the best foam boards I've ridden, they have epoxy bottoms as opposed to full foam.

Rossnoulagh would be great for all the begginers, learners as I feel it is one of the best beachs to learn on.

Also there is a Bus Eireann bus that goes there for those of us that dont drive.

3) Strandhill, Sligo

Anyone else have any more ideas or input on these locations

I'm easy, when and wherever we go.
    I've only been to strandhill which was good fun. I'd deffo be up for a lesson or two when we get there. Also we could probably get a group rate if it ended up being a good few of us wanting them. I was thinking of driving but the bus ride would be good craic if everybody got it.

I'l probably just drive.....sorry bus sounds like fun but myh boyfriends family are from the area so i'l stay with them while i'm down. I'l need my car to get around. i know people were mentioning renting a house but i'd most likely stay with them....hope that doesn't throw peoples plans off!

Yea I'm sorta mixed too, the car will give a lot more freedom alright.
    + I might camp... although a nice warm shower is always nice, without having to run across a field in your boxers in the lashing rain haha

I don't mind where we go aslong as we go. All the spots mentioned are good and the camping sounds like fun but I'll know more nearer the time. I would love to surf Enniscrone and lahinch in the future aswell.

So how's about the weekend of the 21rst???

• Advertisement

I'm game

Looking forward to it!

good job,

keep your diary's free!

21st is free in my diary at the moment. Yeah if we go to Donegal I'll be staying in a house we have up there with friends that I bring, its halfway between Bundoran and Rossnoulagh so Im easy about people staying in weither of those towns. I will probably get the bus and rent a board there cause I can't drive there yet. L-Plates and motorways don't mix.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Peace

21st should be free here. I'll never know till closer to the event.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,240 ✭✭✭Endurance Man

Sounds interesting, im sure you have room for a bogeyboarder? I will have to see if my brothers back from Newquay with my spanking new elemenohpee (:D).
    Would also have to see where you're going and what the conditions are like, not really keen on jumping in that water for a few foamys. They are great for learning to surf but not really much fun for us sponge riders.
    What kind of skill level is everyone?

Yeah threre's room. I was quite good when I was younger but didnt get out for a few years so know Im an iprover again, just relearning everything I've forgotten basicly. Not sure bout the rest.

Skill level? I will get up on anything and try and ride it for fun:rolleyes: I can stand up and stay up enough to keep me trying hard to improve but I spend a lot of time arse over tit aswell. Sometimes the board actually turns where I want it to but I usually have no idea what I do to make that happen. Once or twice in a sesh I will catch a wave with grace and power and think oh so this is surfing. But I always enjoy it, no matter what the conditions. What is an elemenohpee?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,240 ✭✭✭Endurance Man

cue wrote:
    Skill level? I will get up on anything and try and ride it for fun:rolleyes: I can stand up and stay up enough to keep me trying hard to improve but I spend a lot of time arse over tit aswell. Sometimes the board actually turns where I want it to but I usually have no idea what I do to make that happen. Once or twice in a sesh I will catch a wave with grace and power and think oh so this is surfing. But I always enjoy it, no matter what the conditions. What is an elemenohpee?

Fair enough, i aint the greatest surfer either but have been bodyboarding since i was about 14. Havent been in the water for months now :(, last time was when i was in SA in March. I may be able to rope my brother in to but he's a lot more advanced than me, would be looking for the big breaks :o.

http://www.ebodyboarding.com/bodyboard/Elemenohpee-Bodyboards

^^ Best boards out there imo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,586 ✭✭✭gerire

Im only getting started, only been in the water twice. But depending on the fixture list and my hurling matches Im interested in this trip

Advertisement