Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Surf Trip

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

I might be interested
    Although my board at the mo is a 9' longboard, so I'll be standing on the waves and thats about it :)

Also, Easkey baby!!

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭cue

FuzzyLogic wrote:
    Also, Easkey baby!!

Can you get lessons and boards in Easkey?

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭littlesurfer

l was in easkey at the weekend and they have to places to get boards and lessons!!!!!

Cool! So the possibilities for the road trip are Strandhill, Bundoran, Rossknowlagh, Lahinch and Easkey. Any more?

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭dap75au

Hey, I think this is my first post on the forum, as opposed to all you guys who are in the 1000's. Is this trip open to anyone or just the long time posters. I'd love to come along, I haven't surfed all this summer and I am starting the think I'll have forgotton how to surf at this stage.:eek:
    damo

• Advertisement

Sure why not.
    It seems to be just a big meeting of people for some mass online surfage.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭kjt

Hi Damo,
    Yes your more than welcome to come along. The more the merrier.
    I'm so glad to see so many people thinking about going. I'm fregging
    dying to get out on a board.

kjt wrote:
    dying to get out on a board.
    sure head out this friday(good swell, fair/average wind) or next monday(good surf, good wind)
    :)

I wish, already got plans for the weekend. Hopefully I'll try get out next weekend :). I can taste the salt ha

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Joeyjoejoe43

I would be well on for joining ye on this surf trip if there's room? Ive never surfed before, but Im heading to Oz in January and would love to learn before I go.

• Advertisement

Hey Joeyjoejoe43. Welcome to the road trip. Likewise to everyone else thinking of testing the waters.

Heya Joey, Yea deffo come along the more the merrier.

Maybe we should think about editing the first post and putting in who'd like to go and what % they are likely to be able to make it + maybe where abouts you'll be heading from. Could make it easier to arrange lifts and that.
    Just a thought :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,986 ✭✭✭68 lost souls

Good idea kjt. Joey this would be great for you Im sure if you are starting out, nothing beter then having a load of people with you on your first time so you can pickup alot of skills. Also having more people with you should give you more confidence. Welcome aboard.

um,..so the first post is mine...what am i supposed to be editing up there???? I'm all up for making this a jumbo road/surf trip,....just let me know what to put up there...the guys on my origional list pm'd me with their dates!!

How about write up:
    "Anybody interested in this trip PM myself or kjt <<this is just to save you having to do everything :)>>

Within the PM include:
    Name
    Number
    Likelyhood of you being able to attent (1-100%)
    Preference on where to go
    Have you surfed before?
    Would you be interested in taking lessons?
    Where will you be leaving from?
    Can you give any lifts?
    You preference on accom (b&b, hostel, camp, Rent a house...)?

!! Your name and number will not be given out !!"

Then we could compile these between us sometime and figure out how many we have if we need to book lessons and whatnot.

EDIT forgot to add in age

I've got one reply so far :)

Getting some good feedback so far, I've a few ppl Pm'ing moi. Thanks, your keeping me busy in work.... (Don't tell anyone). This info should help in the long run and will help with a few polls we can put up closer to the time :).

okay well no one pm'd me so looks like it's up to you to do the hard work!!:) :)

Just pm me with the good stuff when you've got it together and i'l edit my post!

okay well no one pm'd me so looks like it's up to you to do the hard work!!:) :)

Just pm me with the good stuff when you've got it together and i'l edit my post!
    Haha Damn my plan for everybody to PM you didn't work. Could you edit your first post and put up that little questionnaire letting people know to contact me then :)

Briiiiinnnnnngggg on the surf!!

okay cant edit the post cause i've done it once already i guess!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 xiencev

Hi, just joined boards and have tried surfin (waves that is ) for the first time this year. Would be really interested in the trip. Last weekend in September would be best for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 seamunkey

Alot of people gone very quite above... (thanks to Gordon I bet < great weekend had by all I hope) Tramore was pretty good last week - anyone in Lahinch the weekend?? Result ?? Seen the papers there saturday :eek: - Aileen came up trumps again - don't ya just wish ya had the balls to catch beasts like those off cliffs of moher....
    SO, is the end of the month still going ahead for ye dudes?? :D

I was keen on going, but haven't heard anything back for ages now. Not sure if it's going ahead or not?

Howdy all,
    Sorry I've been really busy in college. I'll have a proper
    look around for info over the weekend.

So far I've got five pm's regarding the trip, these people are:
    -dap75au
    -spastafarian
    -cue
    -68 lost souls
    -Joeyjoejoe43

Regarding Lifts, I think I'll leave that between everybody else to organise.
    Their's no point in people going through me, it would take twice as long to sort.
    So if your looking for a lift/able to give a lift post up where your leaving
    and about what time them pm as necessary......

Those that pm'ed me are able to go on the 20th along with myself and
    I'm pretty sure Littlesurfer can make that too. So the trip is going ahead
    for the 20th of October 2006 :cool:

People I've been talking to about accom seem unsure. Also theirs a few
    tenting people. I think I'm going to be camping so I'll find out that info
    and if theirs a few camping I can see if we can get some sort of a discount.

Got any idea's or suggestions - let me know :)

P.s. PM with the info below if you haven't already
    Name
    Number
    Likelyhood of you being able to attent (1-100%)
    Preference on where to go
    Have you surfed before?
    Would you be interested in taking lessons?
    Where will you be leaving from?
    Can you give any lifts?
    You preference on accom (b&b, hostel, camp, Rent a house...)?

Have a good day :D

Is there a location decided upon yet?

Nothing definite yet Dap. I'm thinking Lahinch or strandhill....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,986 ✭✭✭68 lost souls

Hey! Just to let you know that the chances are I cant get off work so I will probably be pullingout, majorly bummed bout it but have fun whoever goes. Hopefully Ill make the next one.

Ahh that's a pity to hear. Hopefully this one will go down well and we'll have another soon after.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 seamunkey

Fair play KJT, if this comes together it will be awsume.. great surfing in a group (not to mention a boozie weekend)...

Anyone headin to lahinch this weekend, thinking of headin 2moro/sunday for a while from galway.. Mates cant make it this weekend (next weekend suit's them - but swells promised good this weekend and who know what we'll have the following weekend :o ...

Hope to see ye all soon

• Advertisement

Ok so it's the 20th.... It's FRIDAY WEEK people.
    Can everybody that wants to get lessons please confirm this
    with me by lunch tomorrow. The lessons are ~€40 and are 2hours
    long. If you want lessons PM me with your full name and number.
    I shall be booking these tomorrow. As for accom, it looks like most
    people want to camp it Linky. That seems like it'll do the trick nicely
    and only 2 mins from the town.

So...... Apart from this... How is everyone :D?

Advertisement