Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

3G Mobile Coverage Dropping

• 23-08-2006 1:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hey all,

Just recenlty made a move from Vodafone standard to Three Mobile 3G, after being on Vodafone for the last 8 years.

I've noticed problems with my Nokia 6280 when moving from 3G to GPRS networks. It seems to drop the network connectivity and doesn't switch onto GPRS. Meaning, my phone is sitting there off the networks until I reboot it.

I'm just wondering if it's a general Nokia Series 40 software issue, or what.

I've just spoken to a buddy of mine who's with Vodafone 3G using a Nokia 6880, and he experiences the same issues. Only a reboot doesn't always get him back on the network.

Anyhow, hope to hear if anyone else has similar issues. Seriously contemplating giving back my phone...

Take care,
    Gilby from Puck.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,060 ✭✭✭thecivvie

Sounds like a phone fault. I have a Samsung Z140v, a LG U3860 and a Motorola Z3x, none give the problem you mention. all switch from 3g to gprs with no problem.

Join Ireland Weather Network

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Urban Weigl

Definitely a problem with the phone, get onto 3 about it if that's where you got it. It's possible a firmware update might fix it as well, just so you know (might be able to get this done in a 3 dealer). I've a Sony Ericsson V600i, and the switch-over between UMTS (3G) and GSM (2G) is seamless. The way it should be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 cb750

I beg to differ with you Urban Weigl
    I also have V600i on Vodafone and the switch between 3G and GSM seems to cause "issues" ( I hate that word, it should be problems )
    I've been on to Vodafone lots of times and they just tell me to turn the phone off and on but that's no good when God knows how long my phone has been down !
    Also I've said on another thread that the new 3G sims have a "preferred network" list which returns to default every time the phone is powered up.
    3G ? Forget it unless you want to make video calls, only one of which I've made in over 10 months.

Patrick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Kolodny

This happened to me a few times earlier this week (6680, Vodafone) but it seems to have stopped now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭anthony4335

I have a 6280 with Three and do not find this problem, but my friend has been having some strange issues with his, people not been able to ring him and the message center number been lost for some unknown reason.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭hitbit

Before switching to crappy 3 (I think they suck bigtime) you might consider doing as I did and ring your provider, in my case Vodafone who listened to my reasons for intending to move then offered a really good deal which has kept both myself and my wife with them.

hitbit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Gilby

@anthony4335 - the whole message center number disappearing happens to me also. Well... when I play mp3s using my mobile, it resets, sometimes in the first tune, other times it'll play 3 or 4, but bang - reset... then the phone says - phone restricted.... WHAT!! looking for the PUK code then... I reboot the phone and it comes back working ok...

sometimes then when I'm just about to text someone, it comes up with that message center number no set.... again, restart the phone - and it's working perfectly...

I was with voda for over 8 years - BIGGEST MISTAKE I've ever made was MOVING TO THREE.....

so for anyone out there thinking of moving to them... STAY AWAY - FOR THE LOVE OF GOD - DON'T MOVE TO THREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Advertisement