Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

XBOX 360 Exclusive for 1 Year

Options
  • 23-08-2006 1:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 242 ✭✭

It seems that Microsoft have bought the third gen rights to Pro Evo for a year. Big news coz it could be the game that will convert PS3 fans to the XBOX360.

Its still going to come out on PS2 which will probably have better gameplay coz the D-pad on my 360 is terrible and its the same on my mates ones.
    Still, cant wait to see the graphics.

The demo is supposed to come out on August 26th.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

The phrase I saw was "Next-gen Exclusive" over at eurogamer's live feed, which could suggest an exclusive period on 360 AND PS3 for 12 months?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 242 ✭✭niall mc

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭rcs

Was considering selling my 360 but I'm going to wait until I see what Pro Evo is like on it before I make any rash decisions!

Anyone know if the demo will be going straight onto Xbox Live on the 23rd or when it will be available on Live?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

{EDIT} I am an idiot :)

Although it's not really 360 exclusive as the PS2 and X-block will get it, but at least the PS3 doesn't!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

It's also not really "Next-Gen", which is the funny part. Mart over at E-W has a post that pretty much sums up what the situation is, so it's more a marketing move that doesn't actually have any meaning to anything. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

So is there going to be a PES7 next year? Seems not, so if Pes6 comes out on all formats in october then a year passes its pes7 time, will they bring out pes6 on ps3 just to have it out for a week or so ro will they just release pes7?

:confused:

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

no theyre saying the series is exclusive. there will be a 7

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Have to say from what I've seen of PES6 it aint looking that much better. I would've thought that Konami would give it an overhaul for the next gen, instead they've just made some textures better. added a 16:9 view and new licenses. Not that impressive tbh. Still, I'll buy it on my soon-to-own 360.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

Slurms wrote:
    Have to say from what I've seen of PES6 it aint looking that much better. I would've thought that Konami would give it an overhaul for the next gen, instead they've just made some textures better. added a 16:9 view and new licenses. Not that impressive tbh. Still, I'll buy it on my soon-to-own 360.

Get your slimey mits off Keysers xbox!! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Get your slimey mits off Keysers xbox!! :mad:
    It will be mine soon!! *evil laugh*

• Advertisement

Slurms wrote:

The only people that expected a "next-gen" version of PES6 on the 360 were Xbox fanboys. The fact of the matter is, Konami and Seabass especially are so close to Sony that it was never going to be the case. The first true next-gen version was always going to be WE11 (or whatever they call it) which will be released in Japan probably next August.
    The exclusivity deal for PES6 for a year is all a marketing move by MS, as there wont actually be a PS3 version of PES6, it just basically means that they'll sucker people who were undecided on a 360 into buying one, as they think thats all they will be able to play PES on in the future.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

if ps3 is backwards compatible with Ps2 is it really a marketting coup?

kdjac

I wouldn't call it any sort of coup to begin with, but you can be sure MS will do their best to mascarade it like that.
    Their main selling point is its "next-gen" tag, coupled with the apparent exclusivity, which as we know from the screens and gameplay video is a bit of a stretch itself. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭rcs

Is there an actual gameplay video of Pro Evo on the 360 out? If so what's the link?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

not looking too good. very sluggish and the players look very robotic.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭LookingFor

I posted this in the thread in the Games forum, but figured y'all might like to see this here too.

Seems MS jumped the gun on this. Konami is pretty annoyed about the 12 month exclusive claims. It's exclusive for 2006, and that's it, and only by default because work on PS3 is quite early. A PS3 version could arrive as early as Spring.

http://1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3153167
    Now, however, we're starting to hear a different story. Speaking with Winning Eleven producer/creator Shingo 'Seabass' Takatsuka earlier today, we learned that Microsoft made claims that were untrue. "The presentation was misleading," he told us. "We never said exclusive for one year on the next-gen platforms. We said this year. We were agreed that it was this year."

According to Takatsuka, Microsoft's claims have caused some issues for Konami (with Sony, no doubt), and he definitely wants to set the record straight. Winning Eleven is exclusive to the 360 for this year, but it's likely a case of necessesity (the PS3 game, which he confirmed is being worked on, isn't far enough along in development) rather than some major exclusivity deal with Microsoft. The PS3 version could ship as early as next spring, he admitted, though no timeframe has been set yet. The only thing certain is that it will absolutely not release before January 1, 2007.

Advertisement