Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[BF2142] BF2 Veteran Program

Options
  • 23-08-2006 1:54pm
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭

As a Battlefield 2 player you have qualified for Veteran status in Battlefield 2142. This entitles you to reserve your Battlefield 2 soldier name before Battlefield 2142 hits the shelves, making that name unavailable for anyone else to take.

You can claim only one soldier name for Battlefield 2142, no matter how many soldier names you have tied to your EA account. You can also choose any new name not already in use for Battlefield 2.

As a reminder of your heroic efforts in Battlefield 2, we are pleased to announce that you will also be awarded an exclusive Veteran indicator next to your name in Battlefield 2142, so other players will recognize that you’ve had a tour of duty in Battlefield 2. You will also receive an immediate promotion in Battlefield 2142, which will let you choose an unlock. Finally, you will receive a new verbal taunt to use in Battlefield 2.

http://www.battlefield.ea.com/battlefield/bf2142/veteran.aspx

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭TheHairyFairy

Smacks of a company trying to coax and tie down as many players as they can before ETQW obliterates them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

[tig]hairyfairy mine
    ponster mine
    ptegan84 mine
    [tig]d22ontour mine
    [BTC]jonski mine
    [BTC]viriconia mine
    [BTC]Vialli mine
    [btc]yitsack/84 mine
    spearman mine
    celt mine

Adding more check ebay.ie soon for your name :D

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

I don't remember creating an EA account, yet "SyxPak" appears to be taken.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

AHH!! Someone took my name ffs! :mad:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

Scrapper is gone?

Naaa, must be a bug. who'd want that nick?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

EA wrote:
    Congratulations, you have successfully signed up as a Veteran. The first time you log in to Battlefield 2142 you will see a confirmation of your Veteran status. See you on the battlefield!

now i have to get it to be superior to any noobs who buy it as their first battlefield-related purchase

Ponster wrote:
    Scrapper is gone?

Exactly! And R0ot is gone too ffs! Yet another reason why I may not buy bf2142 :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

when is this out

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Is there any chance that EA has pre-regged nicks?

Would my BF2 "SyxPak" login have anything to do with the EA.com login? Or fileplanet?
    After a google of my nick, there's no-one around (aside from syxpak.tripod.com) using that nick.

ok ive got one im happy with R0-ot , sounds a bit like rot but meh :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭V9

KdjaCL wrote:
    [tig]hairyfairy mine
    ponster mine
    ptegan84 mine
    [tig]d22ontour mine
    [BTC]jonski mine
    [BTC]viriconia mine
    [BTC]Vialli mine
    [btc]yitsack/84 mine
    spearman mine
    celt mine

Adding more check ebay.ie soon for your name :D

kdjac

well ya got my name wrong anyway, dumbass :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

How utterly gay tbh. I hate this whole one ingame name thing. I would much prefer to see something more like Steam where you can change your ingame name as much as you want but are still tied to your steamID.

Oh wait, they already have that. Everyone has a unique PID ... yet EA keep you tied to a name aswell. Balls tbh, utter balls.

Remember, don't forget your EA account details.

In BF2142 you log in with your EA account and it shows you which BF2142/BF2 accounts are linked to it. For example I logged in with my EA account last week to find ptegan1984 waiting for me there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭PrivateSmokey

Ponster wrote:
    Scrapper is gone?

Yep theres defo sum thing is up already:eek:
    PrivateSmokey is gone too whats the chances......I will be checking e-bay KdjaCL
    I had to use Pvt Smokey FFS:mad:
    but then it shouldnt suprise me:rolleyes:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,264 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

V!alli wrote:
    well ya got my name wrong anyway, dumbass :D:D:D

Ssh, don't tell him, since he got mine wrong too.

On a different note, mine registered fine. The EA account is the same one you use for the EA downloader, not the Gamespy account BF2 uses.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Links not working...

EDIT: Oops, is now.

EDIT 2: "ZillahRex" is mine! Mine!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Ziycon

i got mine!
    ziycon
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

AncapaillMor because i know come when 2142 comes out i'll forget and i can look this up.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Hercule

I couldnt get (Hercule) (as usual)
    but i could get ( Hercule) all i did was put a space before the "H" :confused:

yep. You couldn't get 'Hercule' because it's not your nick (someone else has it in BF2) but " Hercule" with the space isn't the same nick so you're good there :)

Another option though is hope that the guy with 'Hercule' doesn't register his nick in advance and when the game comes out, register 'Hercule' via BF2142 which won't check if the same nick exists with BF2 first.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

Yeah I couldent get SpookyD so I settled for Spooky D. Almost the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

wow someone has awhir whats the odds of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Hercule

All I know that the S.O.B that took Hercule from me in BF2 hasnt even played it enough under that name to have stats :mad: :mad:

awhir wrote:
    wow someone has awhir whats the odds of that.

http://bf2s.com/player/43289916/

Strange. The nick was taken JUly 2005, he was still playing last May but hasn't ranked up yet !

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

Ponster wrote:
    http://bf2s.com/player/43289916/

Strange. The nick was taken JUly 2005, he was still playing last May but hasn't ranked up yet !

nah he's just SO leet that it looped back round and started again :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 327 ✭✭Jackabo

Bah somone has Jackabo the little cocksocket :mad: Looks like its gonna be one of 100%Jackabo ,Just Jackabo,,DietJackabo,McJackabo,SirJackabo,I cant believe its not Jackabo,dadadadada im Jackabo,i am the god of hellfire and i bring you ...Jackabo,or i'll just stick with Jackabo82 :rolleyes: only for clan tags Twice !! i would have had Jackabo...damn tags Grrr damn Tig Arrrrrr

• Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭Winning Hand

Bagged my name SuitsYou, already think i will go for that cloaking unlock thingy as my first unlock.

http://www.bf2player.com/index.php?page=stats&account=44412914

Jackabo

Enrollment Jun 22, 2005 02:50 pm
    Last Battle Jun 22, 2005 05:36 pm

haha

YOu'll be able to get it the day you buy, if you buy BF2142

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Who does that? Buys a game, signs up, plays it once for a couple of hours and then never ever goes back to it?

Maybe he died.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

Zillah wrote:
    Who does that? Buys a game, signs up, plays it once for a couple of hours and then never ever goes back to it?

Someone called Silverfish.

Advertisement