Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

House specs to meet 60% reduction in energy requirements

Options
  • 23-08-2006 2:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

Hi all,
    I’ve just got planning and want to draw up specs and put the house out to tender.
    I want to future proof my house against rising energy prices, I’ve seen that some of the co. councils are a requesting a 60% reduction in energy requirements above what the current building regulation require, and would like to aim for this in my own build.

Can anyone recommend someone who could look at my house as a whole and design cost effective specifications for insulation, ventilation, space and water heating etc?

I’ve looked at the golden pages and only found people who’ll do it for large projects not one-off houses.

Any advice appreciated,

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Viking House

Patrick Daly, lecturer in Environmental Design in the School of Architecture at DIT Bolton St.
    He is presently undertaking his Masters in Advanced Energy and Envoirnamental Studies.
    He is involved in the design of a number of super low energy and passive houses and provides consultancy and advise to architects and contractors.
    pd@patrickdaly.net 01 453 6306 087 286 1321

I had queries from people looking to get passive houses designed and I put them onto Patrick, they found him very good.

Also have a look at my website www.viking-house.net

• Registered Users Posts: 39,406 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Patrick Daly, lecturer in Environmental Design in the School of Architecture at DIT Bolton St.
    He is presently undertaking his Masters in Advanced Energy and Envoirnamental Studies.
    [/url]

If you can get your hands on the latest copy of Construction Ireland there is a very good article on the subject, written by Patrick himself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Evan_H

Thanks for the tips guys:)

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭garyh3

• Registered Users Posts: 39,406 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

http://www.constructireland.ie/articles/0214deapimpact.php

Here is the article i refered to. Its on the new energy rating practice that came into effect on the first of july.

• Advertisement
Advertisement