Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Best Operational Assault Rifle

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭mayhem#

Mick86 wrote:
    Nobody in the Irish army ever referred to it as a FAL. It was always an FN.

But the Irish army was not the only one to use the fal....

E.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭cushtac

mayhem# wrote:
    But the Irish army was not the only one to use the fal....

True, but unless this guy was in another army he's not using the correct lingo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭Flying

I called it the SLR ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,429 ✭✭✭testicle

You called a bastardised version of it the SLR you mean ;-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭triskell

babybundy wrote:
    i hate the styre give me back my fn fal i miss the fn's

Is this the same poster who talked aboutgoing on a bodyguard/security course to gain employment in iraq...............hmmm:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 303 ✭✭coyote6

Not to sound old school but the M-14 and especially the modern variants should not be over looked. It is more of a "battle rifle" than an assault rifle but it has many features to commend it. It is certainly being "re-adopted" in the SO world.

I've had some time on the G36's and like them very much. I've shot the AUG and is is also a nice design.

My M4 has been a pretty reliable assault rifle. It is more finnicky bad about magazines than anything. I keep it pretty clean and think one of the factors has been good synthetic lubrication (kel-lube, mil-tech).

Advertisement