Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Excel VBA Macros

Options
  • 23-08-2006 2:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭

Hi
    Im just wondering if anyone knows of any good tutorials that i can run through to help me learn some VBA for excel macros. im looking to compare two worksheets/reports by a particular column and if the info in both matches, to take extra related info in the row from one and insert it into the other worksheet/report to complete the report
    thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭fifib

...if that makes sense! Anyways im new to all this so if anyone could give me some place to get started it would be great :)

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭padlad

this site
    cpearson.com/excel.htm is pretty good deals with all levels from macro recording to useful vba programming

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭tommycahir

how about trying Mr Excel i usuall find it handy and the people there are very helpful

Regards

• Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭fifib

thanks for that guys :)

I also invested in a wee lil book for myself. It was very useful. Its called "Excel VBA in easy steps"...great if you were starting from scratch like me and its cheap too

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

A great way to work out how to do something is record a macro in excel and than look at the vba code behind it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement