Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

COD Multiplayer

• 23-08-2006 2:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 216 ✭✭

Hi,

I'm a bit new to COD and have been trying to setup a Server so I can play my mates from UK and Viet Nam. However, my friends can never find my server and I can never find theirs. Any idea what I could be doing wrong?

Gogul

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,399 ✭✭✭Kashkai

First thing to check is that you and your mates have the latest patches for the games downloaded - try Call of Duty files.

Next check that your mate's server isn't "ping" restricted because some servers won't allow players with high pings.

Make sure the gametype selected says "ALL" which will show all the available servers.

Make sure you have "allow downloads" selected as your mate could be using a mod which you don't have.

Basically, you have to talk to your mate to see if you are running the same version of COD and that you have the same choices vis-a-vis gametypes etc selected.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 216 ✭✭gogul

Cheers Dave,

I'll give it a go tonight and see if you cant get some fragging going.

gogul

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭Steffano2002

When you've set-up the server give them the IP and get them to type /connect<space>IP in the console.

Example: /connect 213.168.12.33:29000

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭DemonOfTheFall

You should also have to forward port 29000 on your router

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 477 ✭✭dwaned

If you and your mates set up Xfire on your machines and add each other to the contacts, then once you're gone into the game they should be able to see you and connect to the game your in through Xfire... Works well for me so might be worth a try

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

Also you have to have a static ip, it not, you have to register with dyn dns....... anyways, it's just sooo much work to setup your home server, it's just better to meet on some public one, if you want an empty one there are plenty of those too.

Advertisement