Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

RTE Liveline - UK Vehicle Center report

Options
  • 23-08-2006 3:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭

Did anyone just hear Derek Davis on RTE Liveline doing a report on the UK Vehicle Center?

What a complete joke - he had no research done and basically promoted them! It took him 10 mins to calculate how much they were charging in euros and then said "Well you have to take what they say in good faith"

When someone phoned in they said they'd paid these guys and got nothing back so got his money back from his credit card company Derek asked "What car do you have" and the reply was "a mazda 323" to which Derek replied "Well that's a high performance car so it's wont sell fast anyway"

Eh Derek hello.... 1 google search and you'll find out they're scammers, what a report.. everyone should mail him with their comments and experiences. I would have thought as a reporter he should actually be reporting on what these guys are doing!

http://www.rte.ie/radio1/liveline/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,863 ✭✭✭omega man

God just what irish car sellers didnt need. Its a well known fact its a scam.
    Carzone and cbg warn customers about them and as far as i know there
    is some EU investigation ongoing. Fortunatley when they call their numbers
    arent blocked so you can hang up and eventually they give up!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

ye, I've sen the warnings from Carzone, don't know about CBG.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Wow, that's ridiculous, everyone knows this crowd are a bunch of scammers. Good job RTE!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭upsfan

Buy and Sell also warn people, although it's not that prominent. http://support.buyandsell.ie/index.php?_a=knowledgebase&_j=questiondetails&_i=88

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

he's on air now, should we all phone in....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,724 ✭✭✭oleras

steve06 wrote:
    he's on air now, should we all phone in....

How did you get on with the e-mail and phonecall to the show ?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

What a load of crap!! Them boys are annoying as hell, I must have them ring me 3 times a day for about 2 weeks. How can he almost promote them!

Advertisement