Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Images in signatures (banners?)

Options
  • 23-08-2006 3:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,276 ✭✭✭

Hey all,
    I dont know exactly what they're called, but a lot of the boardies have rather funky pictures in their signatures that look like they're custom made. I've been hit by a bout of jealousy, and I would like to design one for meself as well. Could anybody tell where you get these, or they just done in various art packages and imported into the signature?

thanks. :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Are you talking about the userbars (like boards.ie user, last.fm user, etc?) I could make you up something if you wish.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

If you post in this thread:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=285884

You can request someone to make one for you.

If you want to have a go yourself... then you'll have to learn how use Photoshop or a somthing similiar to do a good one.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,276 ✭✭✭Archeron

Thanks Ruu and monkeyfudge. The piccies like you both have are the type of thing I have in mind. I though maybe there was a website or something where you could make these up. (i think thats called naivity:rolleyes: )
    Sure I'll play around with a graphics package and see if I can make one myself. I suppose I better get my washing up liquid bottle and toilet roll tubes out!!

Cheers again dudes.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

You'd be surprised at the amount of work that might have to go into one.

For instance my current one was based on this photo:

200px-Jrrt_1972_pipe.jpg

But there wasn't enough room to fit in the text where I wanted it, so I had to use photoshop to build onto the fireplace.

Advertisement