Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

best place to buy cheap gear

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭TheTubes

suzr wrote: »
    Got the discount. Still saved quiet a bit compared to what I would have payed here. Lovin the exchange rate at the mo. In all it cost me about 390 compared to 450 in the shops here. Here's hoing it arrives in one piece.

I placed the order aswell and got the discount but they rang me an hour later to say that they wouldnt give the discount and free shipping on a board to Ireland.
    let us know if they call or not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭Masta Chief

they will call , same happened to me .... Some good surf forecasts for next week boys and girls

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 suzr

That's how it worked out after 'the call'. Still pretty happy. They must be sick ringing Ireland. Will put it to the test down West next week then.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭lg123

i got the minimal and the call also.

missed the delivery yesterday, looking at the missed delivery docket, driving me mad

i want my board:mad:!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭Notch000

so what the story with the discount or lack of ?? does he do a discount on all the other stuff ?
    what reason does he say, do he ask where you got it from ? im thinking of buying a mal and new suit, and a soft rack ! also who do they ship with, DHL, fed ex, An post ?

• Advertisement

not too sure what the story is, he knows the coupon is posted here. he told me that the free delivery is not for boards or kayaks as per the site. however he said if i dropped the 10% coupon he said he would do the free delivery, i was kinda pushing to see if i could get anything more but took his deal in the end.

he did say though i can use the coupon for anything else like a suit or what ever including the free delivery.

I used the discount when i bought my suit and it worked fine.
    When i ordered my board a few weeks later, no discount.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,465 ✭✭✭TheBigLebowski

All my stuff arrived from http://www.kingofwatersports.com this morning. I'd recommend them for prompt delivery and good communication.

Also got the discount on wetsuit but not on board...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭Masta Chief

+1 bought a starter pack from them for my sister....great deal !!! Had to collect the package from my local post depot in Ballybrack , but great service !

• Registered Users Posts: 7,246 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Can anyone recommend any other sites / eBay sellers?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭Cunning

for king of watersports
    www.kingofwatersports.com
    gerire wrote: »
    use voucher code king1 and get 10% off and free delivery

nice one mate!!
    just got a further 10% off a wetsuit! good website also

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭wimmy

4Core Bodyboard in Brest, Brittany.
    16.50 Euro delivery (to Ireland)
    Good prices.

http://www.4core-bodyboard.com/

http://www.4core-bodyboard.com/neoprene-c-3.html
    (Wetsuits)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 angryaine

does anyone know where to get a barefoot wetsuit? (a shortie, with built in bouyancy)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭D500B

TheTubes wrote: »
    I placed the order aswell and got the discount but they rang me an hour later to say that they wouldnt give the discount and free shipping on a board to Ireland.
    let us know if they call or not.

The same thing happened to me to. I'm goign to see can I have it ordered to a friend in northen Ireland while still using the voucher.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭amber1

I got a great fitting 5mm excel suit in the surf shop in Bandon for 200 smackers. better off getting a 5mm as it's always effing cold here and there's less kids on the beach in the autumn....though it's great fun running over them with a surf board when you surf a sbadly as I do!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭eamonnm79

I own a surf Shop in Bray. Its Called Surf N Stuff and its on the seafront near the train station. Due to the current Economic climate we are selling EVEYTHING at 1/2 price.
    Quiksilver, Ripcurl, roxy clothing all 1/2 price
    Alder Stealth wetsuits 5/4/3 mm Wetsuits Men and womens 80 Euro.
    5/4/3 roxy and Quiksilver synchro suits 100 euro
    Gloves, hoods, Rashvests shorties all 1/2 price.
    surfnstuff.net

eamonnm79 wrote: »
    I own a surf Shop in Bray. Its Called Surf N Stuff and its on the seafront near the train station. Due to the current Economic climate we are selling EVEYTHING at 1/2 price.
    Quiksilver, Ripcurl, roxy clothing all 1/2 price
    Alder Stealth wetsuits 5/4/3 mm Wetsuits Men and womens 80 Euro.
    5/4/3 roxy and Quiksilver synchro suits 100 euro
    Gloves, hoods, Rashvests shorties all 1/2 price.
    surfnstuff.net

Does that include surfboards/kayaks?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭PeakOutput

you still have synchro suits in stock in a range of sizes (im 6'2 and skinny)

and again does it include boards?

when i rang him last he said it didnt include boards or kayaks

• Registered Users Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭PeakOutput

alright cool could you pm me the number? i might head in to pick up a wetsuit this weekend

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

Cunning wrote: »
    for king of watersports
    www.kingofwatersports.com
    nice one mate!!
    just got a further 10% off a wetsuit! good website also

thumbs up as well.. got a '08 kite at a cracking deal last week from them (plus free uk delivery.. score!)

At the moment with an extremely cheap sterling I'd reccomend wetsuitoutlet.co.uk .. very well-priced gear and they're extremely pleasant to deal with (I live near them so have popped in a few times). Picked up a 5/3mm Gul from them for 65quid on sale back in january, and nearly all my gear since. Just a pity I don't get paid in euros now ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Surfing_Xboxer

Surf shop in bray is closed down , hardly suprising , but some good bargins may be found :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭fugazied

I usually just lurk in ebay every couple of days and see what I find 1.gif You can get all kinds of cheap sporting gear, just need to make sure it's not a knockoff coming in from bloody hong kong or somewhere :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 28 SunSeaSand

It's all very well encouraging people to buy non-Irish surf products but the problem is then our Irish, small businesses, Surf Shops ,in small towns will be eventually forced to shut down for this reason. If ur stuck for a bar of wax or a leash at the beach u cant wait for it to be delivered from abroad.... and our small independent surfshops are closed down due to everyone shopping outside the country for the sake of a few euro....

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Bayog

Hey Guys,

New to this forum, I am selling a 10ft Bic board, bought new, used 6-7 times.. PM me if you are interested- going for a great deal. I was told that this would be a great site to advertise.

Anyone interested?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 JKW

We have 2nd hand 5/3's and 4/3's from our surf school used for 12 months then replaced. kids O'neill epic 5/3 60 euro adult O'Neill epic's 4/3's 80 euro.
    Do remember "buy cheap buy twice"

we also have a few winter suits from Alder, O'neill and Xcel reduced at present.

call 066 7139411 for more information

JKW wrote: »
    We have 2nd hand 5/3's and 4/3's from our surf school used for 12 months then replaced. kids O'neill epic 5/3 60 euro adult O'Neill epic's 4/3's 80 euro.
    Do remember "buy cheap buy twice"

we also have a few winter suits from Alder, O'neill and Xcel reduced at present.

call 066 7139411 for more information

where are you located?

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭newman10

Hi

Mate has a shop in Killarney selling Rip Curl Summer Suits @ €95

Deffo has some Ladies but dont know how many Mens Suits he has.

PM for details

• Registered Users Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

Got a great '09 O'Neill summer suit from King Of Watersports for €50 delivered.

Great site!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43 jogoeire

How come every paddy seems to be selling his/her second hand board for €300 plus? Yea the one with the fixed nose and few dings! Whats happened to depreciation etc?

Ahemm. Anyone selling a short board?

Advertisement