Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

best place to buy cheap gear

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Damascena

Hey,

Has anyone ever bought a suit from this crowd??

http://www.wetsuitoutlet.co.uk/index.php

Their prices seem pretty good!!

I am looking at getting a new suit and these seem to be the cheapest! have a budget of €200!

any advice would be welcomed!

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Swaine55

yeah wetsuitoutlet.co.uk are da biz! i got a 5/4/3 Gull responce for €105 inc shipping. never felt cold and fit perfectly. got to my house in like 2 days aswell

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 kellz

Yo im selling a short board 200 euro and its practically brand spankin.

5'10 fish

mail me for details etc

badfacecru@hotmail.com

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Bone

just decide what brand you want to buy

go to www.google.co.uk and do a search

i got my last suit from here as they had great deals at the time

http://www.westcoastsurf.co.uk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 rafo802

Anyone paying more than €150 for a second hand board is being ripped off, you can nearly get a brand new board for that price in Oz. Second hand gear is way cheaper too, you wouldnt expect to be paying more than €100 and thats a shortboard in excellent condition.

Looking at the second hand listings in this country is a joke, so many secondhand boards for sale in 'as new' condition, what's with that? I dont understand why people would buy a board then decide to sell it, either people don't have a clue what their buying or everyone is buying brand new boards abroad (Oz), surfing them during their time there then bringing them home and selling them off for a profit, dings and all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 pistolslapper

Got a good suit from them. They threw in boots and a hood too. 80 quids worth free for spending 150 sterling. Sweet deal

www.wetsuitoutlet.co.uk

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭gumbynation

rafo802 wrote: »
    Anyone paying more than €150 for a second hand board is being ripped off, you can nearly get a brand new board for that price in Oz. Second hand gear is way cheaper too, you wouldnt expect to be paying more than €100 and thats a shortboard in excellent condition.

Looking at the second hand listings in this country is a joke, so many secondhand boards for sale in 'as new' condition, what's with that? I dont understand why people would buy a board then decide to sell it, either people don't have a clue what their buying or everyone is buying brand new boards abroad (Oz), surfing them during their time there then bringing them home and selling them off for a profit, dings and all.

hey man, tellme where you are finding the awesome boards for 150 euros new over there?
    Last time i checked, (march) 100 euros got you 150 bucks. so 150 euros is about 225 bucks right???
    now.. i was in a bunch of surf shops both in perth and in margaret river/dunsborough and the only new boards i saw under 450 bucks were in perth and they were those piece of shyeet chinese tugboats with a local surfshop sticker on em.

any of the top end Oz shapers boards were going for 600-800 say for a JS/DHD/Warner/Dahlberg..wiith merricks costing more(imported) and firewires were setting you back about 900 to 1k.

regards to you second hand boards you can pick up a board in good nick for about 300+ bucks.
    200 will get you something that still goes good but thats been a bit thrashed (dings not repaired etc) and anything cheaper and you're starting to move pretty quickly towards shyeeetpig territory...

whats the deal man? what shop are you getting your figures from as i'd sure as hell like to pick up an awesome stick in top nick for $150 this xmas when im back.
    Gumby

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭surfergirl92

try shreadheadz.com i got my spring billabong one there for 70 euro :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

Remember the 15% discount on Summer wetsuits will expire on Thursday! exclusive to the facebook group. Use the code sumwet15 to get a 15% discount on all summer wetsuits on King of Watersports

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭stevire

Got my wetsuit from FC Watersports:
    http://www.fcwatersports.co.uk/waterwear.html

Cheapest I could find and free delivery. Stock is limited though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,517 ✭✭✭axer

How do ye know the wetsuit will fit properly if you purchase online? Are all wetsuit sizes very exact?

axer wrote: »
    How do ye know the wetsuit will fit properly if you purchase online? Are all wetsuit sizes very exact?

I shopped around online and picked out a few wetsuits at the right price and spec. Then went to 53 degrees North tried a few on, and then which ever fitted/feels the best go back and order it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

stevire wrote: »
    I shopped around online and picked out a few wetsuits at the right price and spec. Then went to 53 degrees North tried a few on, and then which ever fitted/feels the best go back and order it :D

That is totally evil.

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭littleredspot

stevire wrote: »
    cornbb wrote: »
    That is totally evil.

I'd like to supprt my LBS but the difference in price can be SOOO big

I tried on a supposedly "reduced" 2009 wetsuit in a local store, then bought the 2010 version for 25% less online.

cornbb wrote: »
    That is totally evil.

Not when it comes to the rip off prices that comes with the likes of these chains!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 miguelmigs23

I have just started surfing and got a few lessons. I was sick of paying for rentals so I bought myself and the girlfriend wetsuits in Portwest, Suffolk st, Dublin. It is a new shop, across the road from Avoca.

I got two wetsuits and two pairs of booties for under 150 euro all together. We have had the suits since the beginning of the summer and we are well happy with them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 767 ✭✭✭HxGH

Pity you missed Lidls suits? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭ThOnda

I've got ex-rental c-skin 3/2 wetsuit for €50. Just talk to people, it is the cheapest marketing ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭dermo909

I ordered 2 suits from wetsuit outlet just 2 days ago and they arrived a few minutes ago. Fantastic, no more rental suits for me and my gf! Cant wait to get mine wet tomorrow :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 onetime1

I'm selling a wetsuit and 2 board (In Sligo area)
    O'Neill Psycho 2 5/4 MT suit-in very good condition, rarely used, paid 400 for it last year will let go for E150

2 boards- 7"0 JC Hawaii Gun- would be good for someone moving down from a popout - 60Euro
    6"6 Bunty shortboard - E50

PM if interested need a quick sale as i'm heading away

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Japer

onetime1 wrote: »
    I'm selling a wetsuit and 2 board (In Sligo area)
    O'Neill Psycho 2 5/4 MT suit-in very good condition, rarely used, paid 400 for it last year will let go for E150
    Sounds a lot you paid for the suit, if you are from the Sligo area ? The stockist for O'Neill in Sligo is Sunset watersports ( beside the inner relief road) and they have the O'Neill Psycho 2 in stock brand new priced at 289 euro -they were selling them at 299 last year. Would you sell your second hand one for 100 euro ?

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭dermo909

Just an update on my post above. I bought a billabong foil 5/4/3 suit for myself and a Gul 5/4/3 for herself. We went surfing on sat in tramore and they were great. Really flexible and at times too warm!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 onetime1

Japer wrote: »
    Sounds a lot you paid for the suit, if you are from the Sligo area ? The stockist for O'Neill in Sligo is Sunset watersports ( beside the inner relief road) and they have the O'Neill Psycho 2 in stock brand new priced at 289 euro -they were selling them at 299 last year. Would you sell your second hand one for 100 euro ?

Hi, sorry, been very busy last 2 days and havent been online . Made a mistake in original post, its actually a Psycho Freak not a Psycho 2 ( Its the one with the air bubbles, pretty toasty).I'll chuck in a pair of size 11 o'neill boots if thats any good to you? I've sent a PM with my phone number if you want to discuss. In Sligo at the moment but didnt buy suit here

• Registered Users Posts: 5,272 ✭✭✭Deedsie

Hi, does anyone know where i might buy a long sleeve rash vest? And would this be sufficient to protect against the cold Irish winters? I have a sleeveless wetsuit i got for kayaking, but i am hoping i can dounle it up for surfing?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,239 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Deedsie wrote: »
    Hi, does anyone know where i might buy a long sleeve rash vest? And would this be sufficient to protect against the cold Irish winters? I have a sleeveless wetsuit i got for kayaking, but i am hoping i can dounle it up for surfing?

No way would you get a way with that during the winter. 5mm steamer is the only option, unless you're a Viking or something of course ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭lg123

not a chance in a shortie/sleveless, get a decent 5mm suit. i done my first surfing winter in a 3/2 suit, long sleve thermal vest and rashie up until late jan but it was tough. i was wearing a hood and gloves for dec and jan too.

i picked up an o neill mutant 5/4 in the sales in jan and couldnt believe how warm it was after spending the coldest months in the 3/2.

Ok, how about the following, a 5 mm sleeveless wetsuit, a long sleeved rash vest and a kayaking Cag on top? I have boots, gloves. Think i will get a hood too. I have to buy a surfboard, so no chance I can afford a new wet suit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭lg123

why dont you want sleeves?

lg123 wrote: »
    why dont you want sleeves?

I would love sleeves. Problem is I already have a sleeveless wetsuit. I need to adopt this into a suitable surfing wetsuit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭OldGuysRule

Get a proper wetsuit, I know you have said funding it is an issue, but a sleeveless one over / under a longsleeve rashie will be next to useless and will not prevent cold water flushing throughout your session. A kayaking cag over everything will only get in the way when paddling, popping etc.

Get the right gear for the job, and if you have a kayak, sell it.

Advertisement