Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Should I repeat or not??????????????

Options
  • 23-08-2006 3:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭

Done the Leaving Cert got around 90 points from Ordinary History, Ordinary Geography, Foundation Irish (0 points!), and Ordinary English. I failed Higher Engineering, Ordinary Biology and Ordinary Maths.

I applied to a plc course called Media Engineering. And have got no offers yet. At the start of L.Cert I knew I wanted to do a course involved with sound production, performance, tv and film production and journalism. It seems very broad but these were all kinda linked in some courses and they all appealed to me as I would have liked to study more than one thing in great detail.

I didnt do a tap of work all year and feel I have let myself down. Cause I think I can at least pass everything if I actually try!!!!!!!!! Can I only repeat one subject and if I wanna repeat anymore I have to do the whole 7 subjects in school????? If not how many is max I can do without doing the whole course.

I wouldn't mind doing the whole year again. Just the thought of it all. And not knowing people etc seems a bit much.

HELP PLEASE VERY CONFUSED:(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

You can repeat whatever you want. But you can only take the points from each one. Like, if next year you just do the three you failed, you'll only be able to take either the points you got this time, or the some of what you get next time. You can't take, say, 3 from one and 3 from the other.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭beer4life

:eek: I think Im gonna have to repeat:mad:

The worst part about it is being stuck in this town:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 703 ✭✭✭ThrownAway

If you want a better Leaving Cert and think you would like to achieve more deserving grades, then repeat. I repeated this year and it was the best decsion I've every made.

Just some advice - try and move up to higher level in at least 6 subjects. That way, if you pass everything, the minimum amount of points you can achieve is 270. If need to meet a points target for 3rd level education avoid Ordinary Level subjects. Even if you give higher a try until Christmas and see how that goes. Once you're passing Higher Level papers your points score will increase dramatically.

You know what you want to do in the future and have something to aim for. Good luck, whatever you choose to do. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭beer4life

That sounds like a good idea. Whats it like going back? Is it weird not knowing anyone? Maybe you were friendly with people in the year below you though.

Its not really points Im after just to pass everything including Ord Maths and Ord Irish and I think I need one Higher Level

• Closed Accounts Posts: 703 ✭✭✭ThrownAway

Can you repeat at your school? I didn't know some secondary schools actually did that. I had to go to a school in the city which had a repeat Leaving Cert course.

Find out exactly what you need and maybe contact your career guidance counselor for advice. If you badly failed Maths/Irish this year then maybe you should consider getting grinds to help you if you find them difficult.

It's actually not that bad going back. The year flew for me but it's very important to take it seriously and work from the very start.

• Advertisement
Advertisement