Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NZ rose doing Poi last night

Options
  • 23-08-2006 4:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭

Anyone else see the NZ rose doing poi last night?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭amazingemmet

Nope i think beauty pagents are demeaning to women and as such i missed it, now i did see the entrants in the world pole dancing competion and their spinning was much more fun to watch :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭Hugh Hefner

Hmmm... I wish I had seen it. I assume it wasn't fire poi due to fire hazards, yes?

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Stephenm

I wouldn't normally watch the Rose of Tralee, but it just happened to be on in the background. Emmet - I think we all know that to be the Rose of Tralee is all about personality and talent, it's certainly not a sexist beauty contest. Perhaps we could have a bit of a Rose contest at the Tralee convention. I'll represent Galway.

It was glow poi - I only saw the last 10 secs or so and she was pretty dam bad at it.. Fantastic comic stuff though...

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Stephenm

Here's the video (thanks to RTE). Skip forward to 7mins45 if you just want to see the POI and don't want to find out about her personality.

http://dynamic.rte.ie/av/2167200.smil

• Registered Users Posts: 2,586 ✭✭✭gerire

Humm, how long can a person do a butterfly for? That and her weave was only 2 beat, didn't think that was possible
    Stephenm wrote:
    I only saw the last 10 secs or so and she was pretty dam bad at it

Thats true

• Advertisement
Advertisement