Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone get a reply back from CAO/college yet?

Options
  • 23-08-2006 5:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 703 ✭✭✭

I've accepted my course online right away and was shown a printable receipt. I was expecting a confirmation through e-mail or something.

What happens next? Should I have recieved something through the post?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭happydance

All I remember is that we get a letter within 3 days of the reply date (not sure what the reply date actually is though) I didn't get anything yet and as far as I know they don't send out emails.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

happydance wrote:
    All I remember is that we get a letter within 3 days of the reply date (not sure what the reply date actually is though) I didn't get anything yet and as far as I know they don't send out emails.

The reply date is the 29th is it not?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Well I got a package from UCD including my UCD connect account stuff, and I've registered on the website since.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,490 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Just got a confirmation email within the last hour. Accepted yesterday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 304 ✭✭Dagnir Glaurung

Just got a confirmation email within the last hour. Accepted yesterday.

I got mine a few minutes ago. Acepted on Monday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Accepted on monday.
    No confirmation email as of yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭happydance

Woops, I was wrong, I just got the confirmation email myself! Sorry!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭exiot

I got my confirmation email from CAO today. but nothing from UCC.. and I accepted on Monday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 703 ✭✭✭ThrownAway

Hmmm I just checked my e-mail again - Nothing. I accepted my course in UCC on monday morning too...

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭filo87

same here exiot, got a confirmation email from CAO(for Biological and Chemical science at UCC) at 19:30 today.Nothing from UCC yet!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 703 ✭✭✭ThrownAway

I'd say UCC will be posting out there packages next week sometime. I'm so stupid. I was checking my other e-mail address :rolleyes: Got a confirmation at half eight. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

Yeah, I was way off. Just got the confirmation email there today. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,805 ✭✭✭Setun

Got the confo.

Closure.

]

• Registered Users Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭Kurtosis

Got the confirmation email. Nothing from TCD sent out yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭eamoss

Left MSN IM signed on while I was away playing football came back and I had confirmation email from the CAO

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭deisedolly

I didn't get any confo email!! What's that about?!
    Woohoo debs tomorrow :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 290 ✭✭Tak3n

how do they know your email address? i never put it in when filling the reply thing online?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭NADA

They know where YOU live!

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭caesar

NADA wrote:
    They know where YOU live!
    You'd expect that when you give them your address:p No confirmation yet, still have to accept mine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭Dave Larkin

Still no confirmation for me yet. I accepted on Monday. Are we all expecting an e-mail with a letter or welcome pack from the college? I'll check my e-mail now, I suppose. :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭abercrombie

Got my confirmation e-mail and pack from UCD!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

got my confirmation. Was sent out last night, nothing from Maynooth yet though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 902 ✭✭✭d4gurl

stil have to accept mine!does it matter if I dont do it til like the 29th?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 887 ✭✭✭Rockerette

i've gotten nothing.. dont think they have my email.
    aah well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Chloé Emily

I got a confirmation email today i acepted at 6.10am monday 8-)I haven't heard anything from DCU itself though...I assume there'll be a welcome pack in the post in the next few days anyone gotten anything from dcu?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭c m

nothing from dcu yet.. got the email though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 879 ✭✭✭UU

Not yet unfortunately! :( I think most of the confirmations will be sent out after the Reply Date. It says on the overleaf of the offer notice CAO sent:
    Please contact CAO immediately, if you do not receive this confirmation within 3 working days of the Reply Date. (This is NOT within 3 days of the date on which you post this acceptance).
    Em...when exactly is the Reply Date?

I did go onto the CAO website and it has an acceptance of my offer listed in my application.

I hope Trinity will send me a pack soon. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 212 ✭✭sully-gormo

yeah I accepted on monday and i got was a sh1tty email from a computer at CAO. Hopefully ill get my info pack soon(for trinity)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 887 ✭✭✭Rockerette

i got my comfirmation in the post just there now from CAO

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭exiot

Rockerette wrote:
    i got my comfirmation in the post just there now from CAO
    me too

Advertisement