Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone get a reply back from CAO/college yet?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 703 ✭✭✭ThrownAway

UU wrote:
    Em...when exactly is the Reply Date?

If you look carefully at your offers you got in the post you'll see them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭cianclarke

Got the CAO email, was a few days late.

Only got my CAO letter today, still waiting eagerly for info from trinity - nothing in today's post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭whassupp2

Got CAO letter today.

Also got college pack. I wouldn t call it a welcome pack. It was more like "be in aula maxima on Monday 4th September for registration. Bring €800"*.

*(not actual quote from the letter but similar

• Closed Accounts Posts: 411 ✭✭Faerie

I got my confimation letter today too but no University pack! What's the 800E for though?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭whassupp2

Faerie wrote:
    I got my confimation letter today too but no University pack! What's the 800E for though?

Its a registration fee. Everyone has to pay it except people who get the grant.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,686 ✭✭✭EdgarAllenPoo

Got a letter today, I was given my defferal. It pays to send the stuff by swift post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 879 ✭✭✭UU

cianclarke wrote:
    Got the CAO email, was a few days late.

Only got my CAO letter today, still waiting eagerly for info from trinity - nothing in today's post.
    I got my confirmation letter in the post today and like you, I am waiting eagerly for a response from Trinity. My auntie told me that they take ages though. One of the last ones to send information. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 902 ✭✭✭d4gurl

I accepted yesterday and I got my confirmation email today! now all I do is wait for a welcoming package from trinity - if they even give that! remember the open day the had no free stuff! I mean really!hehe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 460 ✭✭dcarroll

whassupp2 wrote:
    Got CAO letter today.

Also got college pack. I wouldn t call it a welcome pack. It was more like "be in aula maxima on Monday 4th September for registration. Bring €800"*.

*(not actual quote from the letter but similar
    4th of Sept. Thats a bit early now, i dont think ucc or trinity are starting til the 25th or so. Ha ha

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭cianclarke

d4gurl wrote:
    I accepted yesterday and I got my confirmation email today! now all I do is wait for a welcoming package from trinity - if they even give that! remember the open day the had no free stuff! I mean really!hehe
    I think we're just expected to know these things, I mean it is trinity after all... :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Rob30888

Do we get a confirmation e-mail and letter? I applied online and got the confirmation e-mail, but no letter and now I'm a tad confused :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 902 ✭✭✭d4gurl

I think its a letter from the college not cao!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭segaBOY

I got confirmation from Royal College of Surgeons before I even accepted the CAO offer, they sent out this big package which had info on college and a seperate application form-anyone going there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 xx-lou-xx

i haven't gotten my "welcome pack" from DIT yet, they better send it soon, cos i duno when to tell the ppl in work that i've college starting on whatever date!! ahh!! they'r soo slow at sending out stuff!!! :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 703 ✭✭✭ThrownAway

Well there was no post today. Nothing from UCC yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭eamoss

Got 5 letters in the post and 4 of them where from UCAS. I felt like cryin when I saw the room I got and all the info on my course because I have to rejected it all :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

eamoss wrote:
    Got 5 letters in the post and 4 of them where from UCAS. I felt like cryin when I saw the room I got and all the info on my course because I have to rejected it all :(
    so what? You're gonna be in Maynooth. The college with the best social life in Ireland!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

Got this card/letter thingy from the CAO, nothing from Maynooth though.

Slurms wrote:
    so what? You're gonna be in Maynooth. The college with the best social life in Ireland!
    Yup im going to Maynooth because it has a better night left then Edinburgh :D

It was act 6 letters I got today 4 from UCAS 1 from DKIT and 1 from my school!!

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭flynnser19

i got my confo letter from cao and my stuff from sligo!!!omg eamo ur gona love maynooth and os are me and taidgh wen we come up to ya lol!!im gonna go up and stay wit karen n he'll stay wit u!!i stayed wit karen last year and it was brilliant!!

• Advertisement

flynnser19 wrote:
    i got my confo letter from cao and my stuff from sligo!!!omg eamo ur gona love maynooth and os are me and taidgh wen we come up to ya lol!!im gonna go up and stay wit karen n he'll stay wit u!!i stayed wit karen last year and it was brilliant!!
    Lol for rag week im over booked cos all the lads wanna come down :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

Go, bar-ex's, go!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 letsfcuk

ok i accepted my offer straight away and as soon as i had i got my e mail confirmation (they have ur email from ur first time dealin wit the cao) and a couple of days ago i got my written confirmation ! so some of u got stuff 4m ur college i didnt yet i thought maybe that would come after the final date for the 2nd round of offers ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭exiot

letsfcuk wrote:
    ok i accepted my offer straight away and as soon as i had i got my e mail confirmation (they have ur email from ur first time dealin wit the cao) and a couple of days ago i got my written confirmation ! so some of u got stuff 4m ur college i didnt yet i thought maybe that would come after the final date for the 2nd round of offers ??
    depends on the college, some colleges start really early such as UCD, those packages have been sent out.

NUIG havent sent out their stuff but they start on the 11th, either have UL or LIT, or UCC..

this is just what I know from friends going to those places

• Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭Enda89

xx-lou-xx wrote:
    i haven't gotten my "welcome pack" from DIT yet, they better send it soon, cos i duno when to tell the ppl in work that i've college starting on whatever date!! ahh!! they'r soo slow at sending out stuff!!! :mad:

hey! im going to DIT too :D

Haventg got the slightest clue when thecollege re-opens tho.

I've heard everything from the 6th of Sep, to the 18th :confused::confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Enda89 wrote:
    hey! im going to DIT too :D

Haventg got the slightest clue when thecollege re-opens tho.

I've heard everything from the 6th of Sep, to the 18th :confused::confused::confused:
    My friend is going there and he says Lectures start on thr 18th. So ye will all prolly be in starting the 11th for Freshers and stuff.

noone really knows whe there back suppose look it up on the net thats what i did ul are back like the 18th for freshers wk then everything starts the wk after !! wooo hooo go ul !!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭Funkstard

/\/\ yep.

UL also starts back on the 2ND OF JANUARY!!!!!!!!!!

wat do you mean it starts on the 2nd Jan

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

First semester exams, presumably. there's 3 weeks off after the exams though.

Advertisement