Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tonights Prem Action Including Charlton v Man U SS2 K/O 20.00 (Contains Scores)

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,355 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

8 goals in 2 matches ,thats more like it.
    United always used to score lots of goals in their first few matches of the seson but it tailed off in the last few years.
    Good to see the team scoring especially when they arent playing particularly well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Pleased by Blackburn's performance. Gave away a poor goal and Everton should have had a penalty but from the MOTD highlights it looked like Blackburn were all over them for the entire game and that McCarthy and Roberts are a good front pairing.

Now just to deal with a Chelsea team that will be keen to bounce back with a win this weekend!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

I nearly cried when Ole scored!
    Aye, he's a real legend, in a time when that word is bandied about all too cheaply, that man epitomises it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭HashSlinging

Well done Bro for beating chelsea!

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,049 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Good to see the team scoring especially when they arent playing particularly well.

I dunno about you, but I was impressed with both of the displays so far this season. All be it, they were against poor opposition, but we are playing well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Aquos76 wrote:
    I dunno about you, but I was impressed with both of the displays so far this season. All be it, they were against poor opposition, but we are playing well.

We still look a little uncetain in defence, Better opposition would have probably scored more than 1 goal against us. Evra had a good game Sunday , not as good last night and sylvestre was his usual hot and cold self but with Vidic and Henize to come back and hopfully a new defensive CM to provide a little more bite and protection for the defence we could be in for a very interesting season.

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Things are definately on the up, and it looks like United are finally playing as a team. Ronaldo looks happier now that van Nistelrooy is gone and afaik he is good mates with Saha so they should play well together. It was a great all round team performance. The defence was a little shakey at times but in fairness in the conditions they played quite well.

I expect that United will go from strength to strength this season as players come back from suspensions and injuries. Its great to see.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

Great start to the season for United.

Hit the ground running by the looks of it.

Even more impressed with Middlesborough. The Chelsea collapse has begun?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭jobonar

RE*AC*TOR wrote:
    The Chelsea collapse has begun?

not quite yet i dont think! i would love to see them to do bad this year! bring them back down to earth! tis a great start to the season for united and hopefully boro beating chelsea will show the other mid table teams that they are by no means invincible!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭TheMonster

I think Chelseas slow start is more important than Utds good start. The last 2 years they built up an invincibility about them and had some games won before they even played.

Remebmer Utd were without 2 first choice FBs and 1 first choice CB. Current 2first choice CMs and first choice CF - thats 1/2 their first choice team missing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭jobonar

TheMonster wrote:
    The last 2 years they built up an invincibility about them and had some games won before they even played.

i hope its not the same this year! apart from the fact i want utd to win the title back, it makes it more interesting when you cant be sure that chelsea are going to win week in week out! looking froward to a close race this year with hopefully 3 or 4 teams challenging to the last few weeks!! with utd triumphing in the end! ;)

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

It is a good start alright, time will tell how it pans out but waaaaaaaay to early to be shooting the load.
    Delighted to see OLE score, a true legend.
    I see Saturdays game V Watford is live on RTE2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

United will never beat Chelsea if Chelsea get 95 points again, all United can do is do what they are doing now, keep the pressure on Cheslea, and bring them back down to the level of a normal team.

I think that's the first time I've seen Chelsea go 1-0, then get equalised on, and then when going for the win, get scored on. Let's hope it happens some more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

In the Premiership you are probably right, but they went 1-0 up against Barca a few times and then got raped and lost 2-1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 961 ✭✭✭AthAnRi

Unearthly wrote:
    In the Premiership you are probably right, but they went 1-0 up against Barca a few times and then got raped and lost 2-1

I can't remember a time when UTD went a goal up in domestic football and lost? I know they did last season to Benfica and a couple of years ago to Deportivo but It must be years since they did it in England or am I forgetting some game?

Personally I think when Ballack come back from Injury it may unsettle Chelsea even more. Already they left out Robben, Cole and Drogba. Now when Ballack comes back they will have to sacrafice one of Kalou, Lampard, Ballack, Makeleli or Essien. Someone is not gonna be happy.

Great start from UTD but as already stated it's to early to start getting excited. The big difference in the two games so far, and carrying on from the end of last season, is that it's a throw back to the pre RVN days of scoring goals from all over the park. Only two games in and we have scored 8 goals, hit the post 4 times and have 6 different scorers, and only for the lick of paint could have been 9 different scorers. With Van the Man, as much and all of a legend he was for UTD, we were heavly reliant on his goals. Traditionaly not UTDs style.

Delighted for The Gunnar, His first reaction was to salute the UTD crowd. We have sang his name for every game practicly for 3 years. 20LEGEND

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,915 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

Last time was when they lost to Arsenal 3-1 afaik, Scholes scored first, then Barthez gave the ball to Henry on the edge of the box (almost as bas as Gerrard, but at least it wasn't in the box :))

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 961 ✭✭✭AthAnRi

astrofool wrote:
    Last time was when they lost to Arsenal 3-1 afaik, Scholes scored first, then Barthez gave the ball to Henry on the edge of the box (almost as bas as Gerrard, but at least it wasn't in the box :))

That's right, I must have blocked that out of my mind. Looking back it was kinda of funny though. Not how I felt at the time. We lost the league that season didn't we? Ergo Chelsea are gonna lose it this season :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

astrofool wrote:

Yeah and he messed up for another goal when he came out to smother the ball, ball went through him I think and Henry got it and tapped it in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 958 ✭✭✭Mark

Chelsea beat United 3-1 on the last game of the season in 04/05, Nistelrooy opened the scoring. Tiago scored a cracker you may recall, swerving shot into the top corner from outside the box. I remember a stat after that game relating to this query, before that loss it was several years since United went ahead and lost.

Advertisement