Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice Required Sport Sub

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 nowthennowthen

im picking up an offical art card today, just wanted to be sure before spending me hard earned cash:) im a complete novice at all this, hence the 4 million questions. should get me technomate tms 1500 ci+ by the end of next week. art card €180 and technomate was €110. then the attempt to set it up. thanks for the help so far

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

I'd say your prices are wrong. I'd love to know where you are going to get a Technomate for €110. And a €180 for an art card are you sure?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭Pal

Can I get Eurosport on an ART card ?

i have a technomate tms 1500 ci+, it was delivered this morning i paid €110 for it, new, got it on ebay. got the art card from a mate of mine that used to work in a satelite company. done me a massive favour. collected it yesterday from the shop. the lad in the shop said i can bring it back if the is any hassle with it. they normally sell them for €250. goin to have a bash at setting it up tomorrow. will let you know if it works

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

You can get Eurosport in German free. if there was Eurosport on Art (don't think so), there's no reason to suppose it would be British Eurosport.

• Advertisement

i have a technomate tms 1500 ci+, it was delivered this morning i paid €110 for it, new, got it on ebay. got the art card from a mate of mine that used to work in a satelite company. done me a massive favour. collected it yesterday from the shop. the lad in the shop said i can bring it back if the is any hassle with it. they normally sell them for €250. goin to have a bash at setting it up tomorrow. will let you know if it works

Can you pm the link to where you got that technomate for €110 delivered to Ireland.
    you're right about the tm1500ci, its about €160 incl the postage from ebay

Thats an unbelievable price. When I do a search on ebay I cant get anywhere near that price.

http://search.ebay.co.uk/search/search.dll?sofocus=bs&sbrftog=1&from=R10&satitle=technomate+satellite+receivers&sacat=-1%26catref%3DC6&sargn=-1%26saslc%3D3&sadis=200&fpos=Postcode&ga10244=10425&ftrt=1&ftrv=1&saprclo=&saprchi=&fsop=1%26fsoo%3D1&coaction=compare&copagenum=1&coentrypage=search&fgtp=

To be honest €180 is alot more that the card would have cost you on ebay or even from the guy I pm you about.

Pal wrote:
    Can I get Eurosport on an ART card ?

Sorry Pal, not on the Art package.

I got it on ebay two days ago it was new and unused from a person selling it on ebay rather than from a shop. Couldnt believe it meself when i saw it. it was a 7 day listing and nobody bid on it. the starting bid was €100. i bid on it with 5 mins left. €100.50 was my winning bid. €7 postage. the link now just says that i had the winning bid on it for €100. the price i was getting from your fella was working out €161 and that seems to be the cheapest price you can get once its converted from sterling. so rather than wait to get it posted i just got that one from my mate. I got the card for €180 so its only €19 euro in the difference but at least i have somewhere i can walk back into the place with the card if im having any problems

Thanks for the link. You certainly got some deal there. I should really check out the .ie version of ebay more often.

got everything setup yesterday, thanks for the help people. Man, there is a savage amount of football on art and al jazeera. from early yesterday to about 11 o clock last night, just football. first english premier league then italian, then la liga. thought i was going to see some footie but not this many games.Quality.:D

• Advertisement

when i setup the technomate with the art card i went into the install settings and did an autoscan of channels on hotbird. what will happen if i do a blind scan now? will i lose favourites? will it rescan all my channels on hotbird? what kind of motor would you use with a technomate, art card and an 80cm dish?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

It is great all the sport alright,
    I have a very similar setup as yourself.
    I got a 90cm dish, Technomate 1500 CI Super, Technomate motor, wall bracket, cable, patching cable and delivery to Ireland for 370 euro.
    I got an art card for 89 pounds.

I got only got French Eurosport and have not managed to setup my motor yet but with the Al Jazzera and Art I get a bucket of sport

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Motek motor is fine.

yop thats a decent price for everything. can you tell me where u got them for that price? my brother is looking to get the same setup. maybe you cud pm it to me. how does that blind scan work? should i have done it before i done an autoscan on hotbird?

Advertisement