Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

last mile bb a great service

• 23-08-2006 8:47pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭

if you like to get speeds of up to 15 kbps when you download yes 15 kbps:eek: im paying 40 euro a month to get this type of speed great value, when i play css my ping is always as low as 150 and up, and best of all when i ring them they dont give a fcuk, my bb service has been like this for about 2 weeks ( and they know about it that long as i told them before i went on hols ) when are they going to stop taking advantage of people in rural ireland who have no choice but go with them:confused: :mad: :mad: does anyone have anything good to say about them ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 344 ✭✭veXual

I'm in the same boat as yourself. Pings are pathetic lately not that their superb when the servic is having one of its better days.

Read today though that they have purchased a considerable amount of WiMax gear though not exactly sure this may spell for customers or whether the quality of service will increase.

DIGIWEB please come to athlone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 888 ✭✭✭themole

pm. wrote:
    if you like to get speeds of up to 15 kbps when you download yes 15 kbps:eek: im paying 40 euro a month to get this type of speed great value, ?

I'm sure you mean 15Mbps?

15kbps is usually not even enough to view a site

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 646 ✭✭✭vigos

veXual wrote:

According to this

Digiweb seem to offer a wireless service in Athlone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭pm.

veXual wrote:
    I'm in the same boat as yourself. Pings are pathetic lately not that their superb when the servic is having one of its better days.

Read today though that they have purchased a considerable amount of WiMax gear though not exactly sure this may spell for customers or whether the quality of service will increase.

where did you read that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 646 ✭✭✭vigos

I think it was in this weeks Athlone Advertiser

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,858 ✭✭✭paulm17781

themole wrote:
    I'm sure you mean 15Mbps?

15kbps is usually not even enough to view a site

I think you missed the irony in his post. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 344 ✭✭veXual

Rang Digiweb to find out where there mast was in athlone and was told they have no wireless service what-so-ever in the town.

Dunno what the story is with the site :confused:

for the last 5 days my bb was fine speeds reaching 51 kb/sec when downloading but today its back to normal well kinda worse than normal my download speed now is 6.86 kb/sec, as soon as 02 launch there bb service il be gone from last mile like a shot, im sure im not alone on this. any more information on the 02 situation ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭chrismon

Im the same its gone absoutly unusable.
    I bought it to play CS and simply cant
    my download speeds are alright at times
    I sent them a e-mail on a sunday night,got a reply the morning after asking me to ring them, did so, said they were going to watch my connection for a few days and try assert the problem and ring me back, this was like 4 weeks ago. Going to ring them again tomorow
    Sick of this

chrismon wrote:
    Im the same its gone absoutly unusable.
    I bought it to play CS and simply cant
    my download speeds are alright at times
    I sent them a e-mail on a sunday night,got a reply the morning after asking me to ring them, did so, said they were going to watch my connection for a few days and try assert the problem and ring me back, this was like 4 weeks ago. Going to ring them again tomorow
    Sick of this

let me know how you get on, i wouldn't hold my breath tho, for me to get mine working properly for a few day i had to call to there offices, a few days later it went crap. oh btw there new number is 0906635980, best of luck trying to get through.

• Advertisement

ok i just got through to last mile, they told me that my contract is almost up and that i was free to leave, its what id expect from a company that hold people in rural Ireland over a barrel they know well they are the only providers and that most of us have nowhere else to go. he told that if im getting speeds of up to 15 kb a sec that its not a bad speed its a 3 to 1 contection. unless you really have to dont touch this joke of a company. he did say that they will be launching a new wimax service before the end of the year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,628 ✭✭✭Asok

Wimax wont mean much of a difference when from what I hear they invest in sweet **** all backhaul.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭VINNIEB

I heard about Lastmile investing in Wimax gear also, but what effect will this have on us poor souls using Airspan equiptment, will this give us a speed increase, 512/128 is a joke for 40e a month. There was rumors on another thread that a speed upgrade was on the way, any news on this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭chrismon

i heard about this but dont know how much truth is in it?

VINNIEB wrote:
    I heard about Lastmile investing in Wimax gear also, but what effect will this have on us poor souls using Airspan equiptment, will this give us a speed increase, 512/128 is a joke for 40e a month. There was rumors on another thread that a speed upgrade was on the way, any news on this.

well i spoke with shane about the speed upgrade and he said that they bought wimax equipment, i got the impression from him that were stuck with the airspan equipment until your base station is updated, he also told me that the min dl speed will be 1meg and ul the same, he reckons its going to be a lot cheaper, but remember its last mile here id reckon we will see pigs fly before we see wimax, cant wait till 02 or vodafone get good coverage with there 3g then its bye bye last mile.

Advertisement