Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MySQL stored queries/proc with PHP

Options
  • 23-08-2006 9:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭

So now we have MySQL 5 and everyone is singing it's praises regarding the triggers/stored procedures etc etc.

Yet I'm having alot of trouble finding practical examples of using this new funtionality through PHP.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭Hellm0

Seeing as I'm no expert on the mysql/php mixture, I cant really be of much help but the way I allways accessed the db from php was using the pear api's, I'de check them and see if they've done anything to facilitate this new feature.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

havent used them at all yet, but at a guess, id say you could write a php script that you could input your stored procedure into, and this would then execute it.

then after that, just call the procedure as you would any normal mysql query?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭Smoggy

Again not having used MYSQL for a long time Im not going to be a lot of help, but I do seem to remember that there was a comprehensive downloadable manual for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

There exists a great MySQL document for creating and using the stored stuff, but only from within MySQL. It doesn't go into how to use them from PHP, or any other language.

Code examples is what I'm after....

Advertisement