Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sourcing Building Materials/ Hiring Tools

Options
  • 23-08-2006 9:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 43

Hi hope this is the correct section to post this in.

I was hoping to get some advice. A friend is coming over from the US for a month in Oct and has told me he'll build a storm porch for me if I can source the materials and arrange for him to hire some tools. Ive rang around a number of places today (Dublin/Drogheda/Dundalk areas) but can only find companys who will do the job themselves. Builders providers dont seem to do this type of PVC/made to order pieces? Can anyone help me? Thanks in advance!.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

from work forum

• Registered Users Posts: 22,778 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

It would help if you told us exactly what you were looking for...

• Registered Users Posts: 43 ktc

Sorry I can't be more specific but I dont know what he'd need -
    Really looking if possible for some sort of SAM Hire Type place where you could go in with a list of tools and rent by the week/month

I suppose stuff like carpenters/plasterer would use, aside from bog standard saws or drills or stuff we'd have lying around the house.

For the porch, I've sourced somewhere for the materials. its really the tools Im stuck for now. Any help would be most appreciated. thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,778 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

If it is tools that you're looking to hire & you're based in Louth try here or here.

Let your fingers do the walking...

Advertisement