Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Installed HID lights now I've none??

Options
  • 23-08-2006 9:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭

I installed H7 HID lights in my Mk3 Mondeo today and they worked fine for about 10 mins. Later on when I went to show them to a friend I didn't start the engine just turned on the ignition then the lights, they came on for a second then nothing. Now neither my headlights or dips are working. I checked all fuses and all seem ok.My parking lights and fogs are working fine, its just my headlights and dips. Any ideas??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,241 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Maybe the standard voltage is not correct for these type bulbs and they blew?

Did you try putting the old standard bulbs back in to see if they work?

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭Cucullan

No the bulbs seem ok I checked them. The headlights are on a different wire loom so I'm puzzled why they don't work

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭5500

double check all connections again especially where any wires have been bridged with a splice connector,if not crimped enough these tend to knock the lights on and off.

Yeah I checked all the connections, there was no wires to crimp everything just clips together. I'm wondering is their anything in behind the cover you take off to get at the bulbs (on the headlight unit itself) that could blow?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭AMurphy

Cucullan wrote:
    I installed H7 HID lights in my Mk3 Mondeo .... Any ideas??

When you use HID, do you mean "real HID" or those bogus blue bulbs sold as "HID" but are otherwise regular filiment bulbs?.

Irrespective you stil have your original wiring loom, so check there is power on the ends of the terminals, of not, you hve a problem elsewhere, if you do have power, then you have a problem with the HID ignitor.

• Advertisement

Yes they are real HID lights with the ignitor etc...
    There is a small circuit board in the headlight unit itself, I'm thinking that may be blown as I've checked everything else and all seems ok.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭AMurphy

Given your response, I'd be inclined to agree, either a fuse or some other component on the ignitor board has failed.
    Take them back.

Where did you purchase them, store or WWW?. if store, mybe take them back with the car, perhaps the seller may know something either of us does not. If WWW, I hope the seller has a physical address.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

OT here, but, did you notice any interference with your radio when the lights are one? I've been looking at installing HIDs and a lot of people seem to be having this problem.

Advertisement