Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CSS overflowing text

Options
  • 23-08-2006 10:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭

Hey guys, not sure how to correct this in css, but basically have a look at this link....

there's two layers, outer_layer (the red background) and inner_layer (where the text resides, but in firefox, the red background stops before the text, i want it to extend so that all the text has a red background also (as it does in IE)...any ideas?

(im used to having to compensate for IE not rendering stuff the way i want it, this is the first time im complaining about firefox)

thanks
    keith

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Any reason why:

A. You're using position:absolute
    B. You have the text in the inner div instead of the outer (the inner does nothing as best I can see)
    ? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

hmmmm....
    well i left out alot of stuff just for that example, the actual page has a couple more layers contained within the outer_layer

removing the position:absolute solves the problem their in the example, but not on the full page which im working on...

this example is more like the original

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

Just use tables *ducks* ;)

#container {
    background-color:white;
    position:absolute;
    top:20px;
    bottom:20px;
    left:20px;
    right:20px;
    }

ok, it seems removing that line fixes the problem in the example i linked to, but it didnt work on the actual website im working on, ill have a look around later to see if i can find anything else causing it

• Advertisement
Advertisement