Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FridgeFreezer Question

Options
  • 23-08-2006 10:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭

Hi,
    Not sure if this has been asked before, but just wondering if anyone has experience of the following:

Buying a new house and the kitchen cabinet for the fridge is specified at 600mm wide (I think this is quite a standard size). Many of the standalone fridge freezers available in the shops seem to be stated to have a width of 60cm/600mm.

Just wondering if these are intended to fit inside a standard 600mm kitchen cabinet ? Or will they be too wide/tight ? i.e maybe they are actually slightly narrower than stated so that they will fit comfortably inside a 600 cabinet ?

Hope this question makes sense !

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭artieanna

I remember being in a similar position once when buying a fridge freezer . as far as i can remember i measured the width of the fridge before I bought and compared it to the width of the space in the kitchen.

I think we had to take the door off the unit (fridge behind unit door) as the hinge was in the way of the fridge sliding in and yes, it is tight enough:eek: .

measure before you buy!!!

artieanna

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭loopymum

It sounds like your kitchen cabinet in for an integrated fridge / freezer which usually comes a little barer than the standalones, you fix an integrated fridge door to the cabinet door.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭artieanna

ya thats right it is an integrated fridge freezer. There wasn't much space when it was put in cause we scraped the side of the fridge a bit, i remember.

Advertisement