Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Pioneer H/U + Ipod

• 23-08-2006 10:29pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭

I'm thinking of getting the following bits of kit from incarexpress:
    Pioneer DEHP6800MP head unit - http://www.incarexpress.co.uk/view_product.php?partno=DEHP6800MP
    Pioneer CD-IB100 Ipod adaptor - http://www.incarexpress.co.uk/view_product.php?partno=CDIB100

Both of which, including shipping and VAT, should come in at £200 sterling. Somewhere just under €300. I'll be using a yet-to-be-procured second hand ipod of some description which will be stashed somewhere out of sight in the car.

Anyone have any experience with this stuff? I'm OK with installing your normal ISO head unit in the car, but unsure about how to run the ipod cable behind the dash, most likely to the glove box, or where to put the ipod adaptor box.

Any problems or caveats with the above items? A friend has the pioneer ipod adaptor in his car and it appears to work quite well. He uses his with an ipod mini.

Car is a 2002 Hyundai Coupe.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,377 ✭✭✭5500

Yep around into the glovebox should be fine,nothing complicated its just plug and play so if your compotent enough to change the headunit you should be fine installing the adapter

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Just wondering if its easy to get into the glovebox from behind, like would i have to drill a hole or anything messy like that? I'd be afraid of setting off the airbag or something ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,377 ✭✭✭5500

Ive never done an install on a hyundai coupe so im not sure BUT on most cars if you release the glovebox down fully you can normally get your fingers to the rear of the sterio so no drilling is required.

Had a poke about last night, figured out how to remove the whole glove box, and in the process managed to fix the long-broken light in the glovebox :)

There are two tiny holes that I may be able to fit the ip-bus end of the pioneer ipod cable through. If not I might just drill the edge of one of them to make it larger. Still unsure of where to put the IB-100, but if its small enough (I can't really tell by the pictures i've seen) I could probably just bung it in behind the head unit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭fletch

Stephen wrote:
    Still unsure of where to put the IB-100, but if its small enough (I can't really tell by the pictures i've seen) I could probably just bung it in behind the head unit.
    There will be more than likely enough space in behind the head unti alright. I have all manner of adaptor cables, boxes and leads in behind mine, from my bluetooth car kit, ISO block adaptor, Parrot ISO converter, ISO to Ford converter, ISO to Sony converter cable and iPod cables and adaptor boxes....must be about a mile of wires in there! :)

Installed it all last night, working perfectly :)

I was able to fit the IB-100 in vertically behind the head unit. The length of the supplied cables is the biggest problem - they're so long it was hard to cram them all in behind the hed unit.

Took a bit of fiddling about to figure out how exactly to operate it but now that its all up and running its pretty sweet!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

I have my IB-100 behind the glove box in my golf, just accessed from the footwell. I read a while ago that Pioneer are releasing a new Ipod adapter so maybe you should look into that instead. I find the IB-100 a bit of a pain sometimes to scroll through when looking for a particular band. It works well when you use palylists though. I have my lead in a place where I can have the iPod itself handy to scroll through the menu and it's still easy to stash out of site. I wouldn't be too happy with it in the glove box, any prick who breaks into your car will search the glove box.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

Look at some of the reviews of the Pioneer iPod adapters. I was going to buy one only to read the reviews online to say that it was really hard to use. Go into a store that has car audio systems and see if they can demo one for yea before yea fork out for a headunit+adapter.

Just seen thats theres a MK2 version of the adapter,
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110027069319
    Improved software so might do the trick

Advertisement