Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flash 101

Options
  • 23-08-2006 10:29pm
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭

It's a simple story. A friend promised someone else that he'd make a website for another friend. I said I'd give him a hand if he was stuck.

It seems he's now stuck, with 48 hours to go before he delivers the site.

So he bought and downloaded one of these pre-made flash sites which look great but need work to personalise them. I have all I need as there there's a web-dept at work where I can grab a copy of Flash and other Macromedia apps but while I may know HTML, everything else scares me !

This is the site he bought :

http://templates.bigwebmaster.com/flash_templates/yzxvw-flash-site-10243.html

Now I loaded Flash but it appears that everything is frame by frame as opposed to being objects. In the esample I see the name 'rockband' and I want to replace that with a different name but it looks like I can't just change it once for all the frames ?

So....

seeing as I have time to kill until Sunday will I figure out enough in 24 hours to make it worth my/his while or do I just go to bed? :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

It's pretty tricky to understand if we can't see the source, which you can't put up obviously.

What is the 'Rock Band' comprised of - is each frame a frame of vector images or is it the text with the embedded font? I would hope that the rock band text would be a small movie clip on it's own which you can copy and edit and "swap" for each frame.

Incidentally, that template certainly will take a while to personalise. It takes enough time simply to open it on 56k dialup. If they haven't made it easy to customise by creating single movie/graphic objects to alter on your own it'll be over the 48 hour time limit (Sunday?) to complete unless you really know your flash and have nothing else to do.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

Gorden, at this stage I couldn't care less about someone I trusted (i.e. you) getting their hands on the source just to give me a professional opinion :)

IMO it's a "frame a frame of vector images" meaning that it's going to take days to modify.

I think if I take his code in HTML, stick in some fancy javascript it'll do until I figure out the flash bit :)

Advertisement