Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Many ppl?

Options
  • 23-08-2006 11:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭

Is there many ppl from you school year heading to the same college as you?

I was talking to my careers teacher today and he told me that there was 8/9 ppl from my year heading to Maynooth! But they will prob be the ppl I didnt get on with at school :rolleyes:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

No one from my year is going to dublin, afaik. Most of them were planning on going to WIT, so they wouldn't have to move out :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭c m

theres about six of my friends going into dcu from my school with me but i dont know the whole number. id imagine its quite a few

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭cianclarke

None.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭rotten_eggz

most ppl i knw 4rm waterford/my year r goin 2 cork/limerick(mary i nd ul) , a few goin 2 tcd nd only 1 goin 2 ucd.

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭caesar

cianclarke wrote:
    None.
    Same hare afaik and if there is, it's someone i'm not friends with.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭deisedolly

most ppl i knw 4rm waterford/my year r goin 2 cork/limerick(mary i nd ul) , a few goin 2 tcd nd only 1 goin 2 ucd.

That always seems to be the way things go with Waterford people! They either stay at home or go to Cork, maybe Limerick if they HAVE to!

Only me and a good friend of mine(as far as I'm aware) are heading to Dublin out of my class. I really can't understand why anyone would want to stay at home!! I'm sooo bored of Waterford and can't wait to get away, even if Dublin is v. expensive and almost 3 hours away!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 411 ✭✭Faerie

As far as I know, noone from my year is moving away to go to college!

So I'll be going to UCC with about 10 people from my year. About 6/7 students are going to CIT. Most people aren't going on to Third Level.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,490 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

No one I know is going to DCU. They're all going for the less travelling option : TCD or UCD. They are closer to Bray if you want to get technical, but DCU isnt that much further really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭jimi_t

Out of my year of 80 I think over half are going to UCD, about 10 going to TCD, 2 going to DCU, 4/5 going to NCAD and another 4/5 going to various ITs. There's three people on scholarships to various american colleges (academic and sporting), there might be one or two people going over to England and there's 3 people repeating AFAIK.

Half of my year are in sligo.Then a quarter in Galway.Then there are five are in Pats.1 in UL,2 in UCD,2 in Trinity,none in maynooth.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭abercrombie

Most, if not all of my year are going to either UCD or Trinity

• Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

A few of my friends from going to Maynooth too, but they're all doing different courses, so we probably won't see each other on campus much anyway.

I don't know (or care tbh) where the most of my year are going.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭XchampagneX

Nobody in my year is going to UCD, they're all going to either UCC, UL, or CIT

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭whassupp2

50 in my year. 8 goin to my college

• Closed Accounts Posts: 887 ✭✭✭Rockerette

3 of my good friends are going to DCU, dont know, nor do i really care, about anyone else...

harsh..? oh yeah.. hehe.

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭:|

yeah about 4 of my friends are going to dcu as well, and probably a few others i got on with as wel....and a few i didnt...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 902 ✭✭✭d4gurl

Most my old year are going to UCD - typical tho from the school that it is! A few are heading to trinners with me but they were in the institute with me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 887 ✭✭✭Rockerette

:| wrote:
    and a few i didnt...

aah we dont care about those ones..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭XchampagneX

d4gurl wrote:
    Most my old year are going to UCD - typical tho from the school that it is! A few are heading to trinners with me but they were in the institute with me!
    That's the exact same as my old school (in Dublin before i moved)...isn't that right aberc? :D Though i can't say much as i'm heading to UCD myself!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭exiot

No one from my year are going to UCC, but I have loads of friends in other schools going to UCC but different courses

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28 westhammer

Theres about 2 of us going to Galway, but a few from the town

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭rotten_eggz

deisedolly wrote:
    That always seems to be the way things go with Waterford people! They either stay at home or go to Cork, maybe Limerick if they HAVE to!

Only me and a good friend of mine(as far as I'm aware) are heading to Dublin out of my class. I really can't understand why anyone would want to stay at home!! I'm sooo bored of Waterford and can't wait to get away, even if Dublin is v. expensive and almost 3 hours away!

i'd absolutely hate to go 2 da WIT, its so small and that estate is so dodgy near it( I won't name but youll know which one im on about), cant understand y so many people go der. i'd h8 2 go 2 UCC cos theyre is so many waterford ppl there. Very few goin 2 dublin 4rm waterford, possibly 10 r 15 at the max. Sum craic in dublin 4rm what i hear!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 marissa

yep both a quarter of my year,bout 25girls are headn 2 maynooth!
    so watch out boys..lol.!!! :D

Advertisement