Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cross-server BGs

Options
  • 24-08-2006 12:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 17,585 ✭✭✭✭

Opinions? Coming from a normal server, where battlegrounds are the only form of PvP (apart from the odd raid), BGs are very hit-and-miss, and not as frequent as I can be patient for

Tonight I tried with my 55 priest, whom I usually put in the AV and AB queues before I go grinding, and Im usually lucky to get into AB, let alone AV. But I got into an AB game within a minute, and got into an AV game (had a list of 6 when I logged on, roughly 30 mins after the server went online. had 25 games running later on i heard).

The whole idea of fighting with (and against) people from other servers is quite fresh and exciting, but chances of you happening to be in the same battle as a guildie or friend is quite slim, which is a pity IMO.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭NeoSlicerZ

Pre-made groups.

Made a guild WSG group after raid tonight, steamrolling people ^^.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

Logged onto my old 60 to check out new rogue talenst. Eventually wound up in WSG. Steamrollered in a record time.

Also the first BG I've ever been in where my team mates (so to speak) didnt say one thing...

Was a lot better on my horde char later.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Bring back the old BGs. Cross-realm just isn't nice at all. Only had 2 decent games all night, and with one of them Kilrogg restarted while we were at 1990 resources in AB >.< The other one was WSG with 7 guildies and 2 very good druids from Wildhammer. The rest is pure HK-farming. Like the way it was getting to be on Kilrogg, but a hell of a lot worse. Auto-raid group is handy, but I'm raid leader all the time which I hate (though I play ally, so everyone just zergs the farm in AB and goes 9 men on defence in WSG no matter what anyone says...).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 969 ✭✭✭sunzz

Im loving it tbh!

Its so easy to farm hk's now its not even funny Im getting into av within 2-3 mins of signing up.

Just now I was in an av battle that raged for 4 hours eventually our IL being the turning point, its just fantastic. Mind you I went in on a guild run.
    Might just go back to wow properly now

None the less im loving not having to queue :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭Horsefumbler

u in my battlegroup sunz? ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭DamoVOTF

Hmm cool, means I can reform my AV AOE teams and smash even more people who arent wise to our tactics!

Love 1 hr to win AV with a 10 man cordinated raid.

But I wonder about these pre set raid groups. As a raid leader I hate it when I cant change the groups.

You can move people around in them if that's what you're on about...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

sunzz wrote:
    Its so easy to farm hk's now its not even funny.

I never understood why people farmed HK's, after 4 kills its completly pointless because the honour depreciates by 25% for each kill. Although I think Blizzard said in the patch notes that this was changed to a 10% depreciation.

Yay for making more HK farmers.......

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭lazygit

dunno if you heard..

supposedly a couple of characters have ended up on the wrong server after a BG ended! also Alliance and Horde teams appearing in the same Strat instance... lol..

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Dubhthamlacht

what's you's all think of the world pvp?

Silithus was totally devoid of the chinese farmers or any farmers at all as the general player base just attacked any opposing faction. still i thought it was a bit ****.

I liked the x-server BG's alright. No queue times, over 50 WSG's, last night!!
    I hated meeting the same opposing raids game after game, so it's cool to get a different match up almost every time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Funky

haven't check out silithus yet but the towers thing in eastern plaguelands is shite... x-server BG's are ok, its still dull going up against headless pugs but its nice creaming some guild groups from other servers

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

Outland vs Jaedenar lol?

Best geared guy I've seen on Jaedenar has like, 5/8 Felheart :| Barb would murder him...

sunzz wrote:
    Im loving it tbh!

Its so easy to farm hk's now its not even funny Im getting into av within 2-3 mins of signing up.
    Ugh, HK farmers FTL.

The more I think about this, the more it makes PvP feel pointless to me. I'll be buying my rank 8 blues for my pala this week, then just settling in for the grind to 60 (she's lv49 now). Going to PvP just enough to keep rank. I'm not very happy right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭ZorbaTehZ

what's you's all think of the world pvp?

Silithus was totally devoid of the chinese farmers or any farmers at all as the general player base just attacked any opposing faction. still i thought it was a bit ****.

I liked the x-server BG's alright. No queue times, over 50 WSG's, last night!!
    I hated meeting the same opposing raids game after game, so it's cool to get a different match up almost every time.

Lucky you
    Alliance Skullcrusher PvP - wait time for AV has increased 40 fold, AB/WSG was already bad now its gotten worse. I can only hope thats its the novelty that has 43!!1!! AV's going and still a 48 min wait-time !!11

• Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

Ugh, HK farmers FTL.

The more I think about this, the more it makes PvP feel pointless to me. I'll be buying my rank 8 blues for my pala this week, then just settling in for the grind to 60 (she's lv49 now). Going to PvP just enough to keep rank. I'm not very happy right now.
    You realise the irony of what you are saying, right? Rank 8 is ~5-6 weeks of ~25k+ honor per week. Depending on the server, and you did this at level 49?

Why, because you like pvp? ;)

But seriously, while I like the randomness of the games and I love the good fights you get between 2 good guilds, it just makes random BG's all the more intolerable, at least for the badly geared...

But then, I'm on Outland, so its less of an issue :p

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Ugh, HK farmers FTL.

lvl to 60 and get your rank then. Way easier.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭NeoSlicerZ

Kilrogg?

Steamrollered a raid from there last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

u in my battlegroup sunz? ;)

You're still alive and playing wow?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭ZorbaTehZ

UPDATE

My server must now wait 5-10 minutes in front of BG-master before any lists appear. Woohoo Blizzard - you are clearly putting all that money we give you to good use !

And I actually doubt any of the BG's are up because guildies are saying some of them have been waiting 2 hours + in queues and still have not got in.
    (I know it sounds paradoxical, but weirder things have happened ;o) )

Ivan wrote:
    You realise the irony of what you are saying, right? Rank 8 is ~5-6 weeks of ~25k+ honor per week. Depending on the server, and you did this at level 49?

Why, because you like pvp? ;)
    Actually yes, because I like PvP. :)
    I'd be lv60 now if I didn't find spending time in BGs more fun than questing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

Actually yes, because I like PvP. :)
    I'd be lv60 now if I didn't find spending time in BGs more fun than questing.
    Ok then, so let me get this straight...

You love to PvP, which can be and is consider, by some to be the "farming of Honorable kills" or HK farming, as it also known... and you then go on to berate others, who are already level 60 and presumably have exhausted multiple avenues of gameplay within WoW leaving only 2 real choices, Raiding or PvP'ing...

Wait a second, I'm confused... what was your point again? :p

But seriously, I absolutely loved AV when I started out "grinding" to exalted for my mount and stuff. Everything up to revered was a joy, it was when I was faced with ~21,000 kills that it kinda started to bug me :(

Now that I'm 999/1000 (Exalted) with AV, PvP is alot more enjoyable, due, in no small part, to the Cross Server BG's ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 969 ✭✭✭sunzz

As Ivan kindly stated I refer to HK farming as just doing pvp as would most people I play wow with. Just a different terminology

I'm not exactly a Chinese farmer.

I'm sorry for those who blizzard have ****ed, seems to be trouble for allot of server but im sure they will be ironed out with time.

LOL at some people being moved to other servers :D

My reference to HK-farmers is to the people who just take up positions outside the ally base and grind kills, rather than actually trying to play and win. There's an entire guild on my server who do that, and they really get on my nerves.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Funky

Sometimes with the broken pvp system the only way to get a fight in PvP is to bully people into it, like camping their graveyard and not finishing the BG. Honour farmers who roll over and give up whenever they have a proper fight on their hands are a joke.

Listen to what Kirby says, lads. HK farming is when you stand around the middle looking for HK's, not honour farming.

And it's a piss easy to get rank 8 on a pve server at 49. I'm Rank 7 atm at lvl 53, and did 2 BG's the week before the patch.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭Horsefumbler

thats kinda weird

Alliance hated pvp... :p

Standard of Horde has plummeted since the patch... :(

Standard of Horde has plummeted since the patch...
    That's good to know... because I'm coming back to BGs today after taking a few days out of them to level to 51 :)

I'll make sure to /wave ;)

• Advertisement

And I'll make sure to /lick :p

Advertisement