Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cross-server BGs

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

AV is awful now... I get 2 shotted all the time...

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I got 1-shotted by a mage today in AV....
    3.5k HP and 4.5k armor... zey do nothing when you're only lv52!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭Bob the Unlucky Octopus

Hey Ropey you shotty hoe, didn't know you played WoW! Got back together with a lot of our old elite EQ crowd from Rallos and we've put together an uber-guild on Mug'thol(US) and are tearing things up. PM me or something :)

If you come up against epic-fueled organised, the key especially as a rogue, is to be annoying. Sap, blind, tap. If you're an engineer (rogues or pallies who aren't engineers need to be slapped), use MC cap or rocket helm to help with those taps. If you're in Gulch, either defend with a shaman (he's there to help you purge the annoying FAPs or BoFs) or go nab the flag with prep/sprint or sprint/gobby rocket boots- wait for the snares to hit you from the chase group, then vanish and prep/sprint...you get the idea. There are plenty plenty ways to be annoying and a thorn in the side of organised groups if you put your mind to it.

In fact, I can't count the number of times that 3-4 of my guild have logged in against a full organised and spanked them silly. Epic gear doesn't buy skill or teamwork, many guilds in all purple think all they have to do is turn up to win. Quite often, in the face of a good hard fight they'll buckle under the pressure and make mistakes (leaving points undefended, misjudging a flag return etc).

The best thing by far about the X-server BGs though, is the queue times. There's nothing quite like 1 minute queue times to help take your mind off another unecessary wipe to Heigan in Nax because your guildies just can't seem to learn how to run in a damned straight line and DODGE THE BIG GREEN SPLASHES.

World PvP has and always will be a joke until Burning Crusade comes out. World pvp has only ever made sense when there is a constant goal for small groups/individuals to pursue in the regular game world (levelling, grinding, etc). There is *some* good world pvp around pre-BC, mostly in Felwood or EP (Felwood because of whippers/NDBs/demonic runes and EP because of Nax/Argent dawn faction grind). There are a few spots in the game world where you can be *certain* to find people grinding. Example- myself and a warrior (preferably one with ashkandi/dark edge for my overpowered windfury totem) often head down to as we like to call it "Increase the Sorrow Factor at Sorrow Hill". It's a perfect place for paladins to solo, and if like me, you fupping hate the bubble + hearth gayness of the class, it's the perfect place to take out your frustrations and fight nice world pvp battles for easy honour.

Oh and speaking of patches, can't wait for burning crusade. Bloodlust??! I can hardly wait. Throw that + PI on a mage, get them to click up their ToEP/arcane power, throw down shiny new +spell damage totem and watch things explode.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭Joseph

My opinion would be, that at least were not waiting as long to enter battlegrounds as before. Also there is alot more AB's now than there was before (none before, about 6-7 all the time now :P )

Advertisement