Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rogaine extra strength

• 24-08-2006 12:40am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hey im thinking of starting on rograine extra strength, my hair is thinning on top, only noticable in certain light but def thinning out. Starting now might be good pre emptive action. So just wondering is anyone on here using it and does it work for them and also will it be a big hassle doing it everyday. Im only 24 and dont want to be bald yet, my head will not suit it! Any advice on this would be great

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭haunted-room

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭Vyse

I will openly admit to using it :) and can easily say that it's the best product for this sort of thing. I don't think you can really expect to regain any lost ground around the front but of there is just thining this could help thicken up things (it did for me).

My advice would be to log onto eBay and buy from the US. Usually works out at around €12/ bottle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Do you find it hard to use every day and how long did it take to see results?, id be happy if i could just keep what i got!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,496 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Hey im thinking of starting on rograine extra strength,
    Wouldn't you try the normal stuff first?

Or are you just advertising?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Panicked

Seconded. A very good forum with a lot of very helpful people

Rogaine contains minoxidil like most of these so they're all pretty much the same. It tends mostly only to work on the back of the head (bald spot area). It's not so successful on the front. I found it gave me sever scalp rash.

I would recommend looking into finasteride (aka propecia or proscar) or dutasteride. I personally take the former with some good results. Read up on them. I can't really say much more on this as it's not a medical board. If you want you can pm me and I'll tell you a bit more.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭Vyse

It's not a problem to use every day and time of results vary (they say to give it around 6 months). If you are hapy to keep what you have then I would say that it is ideal! I wouldn't worry about missing applications now and again. I usually miss a couple a week,

With regards to finasteride I used it and found it to be of no benefit (that's just me though). Make sure to read up on it as there can be some nasty side effects.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement