Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Command & Conquer 3 Tiberium Wars

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭justfortherecor

Screenshots look pretty impressive although the scope of the field seems a lot more limited. Im sure thats adjustable though.

I still have the odd game of C&C RA2 these days, after all this time its still fantastic fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

Are Westwood still doin this?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

no westwood have been gone for years.

Most of the original team is on the team that did the new star wars rts empire at war. Petroglyph.

I dont know how much of the original team is on this? I hear some people say none of them are.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

hopefully this will come to 360 as well so I can actually play it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

evad_lhorg wrote:
    hopefully this will come to 360 as well so I can actually play it.

eeh, a proper rts with a controller....nasty (and battle for middle earth 2 is not the same, as its alot easier to control groups of 10 men then it is to handle each individual unit)

• Advertisement

by the looks of the footage this will be using groups of men too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Seriously doubt it to be honest, iv been listening to the podcasts and their really trying to keep it close to the origional, with the MCV and side bar for example aswell.

But iv absolutely no faith in EA....id be a hardcore C&C fan but if this game flops i dont really care cause supreme commander is gonna be the daddy of rts's in 2007 :)

CC

seriously doubt the group of men thing?

or are you talking about something else?

look at the footage, the player is moving infantry by squads not individuals. Everything else looks like classic C+C

thats also one of my complaints about it, the plotline doesnt seem to move on from tiberium sun.

I remember Sun being a huge jump from what dawn looked like. The world had come from just a few years in the future to decades with tiberium overgrowing. With only a small part of the world untouched and the rest slowly subcoming to tiberium.

and the plotline for this one seems to be identical, they make it as if this blue zone/yellow zone thing is totally new, when its identical to what tiberium sun was on about just with 'zones' ala sonic the hedgehog stuck in...

course the rumoured 3rd side will hopefully add the new plot element.

The ingame footage iv seen so far was of mammoth's and orca's but there was no UI so you couldent really tell.... do you have the link to another ingame vid ? id like to see some more :)

CC

its the link on this page? there are 3 in game movies.

edit

Also

While its bloody brilliant having Kane back they better do something different with him then repeat the *i think he's dead* NO HE's NOT *OMG HE HAS A PLAN* plotline of tiberium sun. I mean the teaser trailer for kane is almost word for word the beginning of tiberium sun.
    it be sweet if the third side is cabal and kane is with them rather then anything to do with nod.

• Advertisement

lol,my bad, humm yeah im not liking the idea of a group of units myself, hopefully it's just an option you can use to make a team of men, like have a team of 3 riflemen and 2 grenaders etc.....

Still i have to say i like the harvester and the refinery and the look of the tiberium.
    ....faith....slowly....being....restored...... :D

Is there any word of frank klepacki doing the music again ???

CC

no...they have their *music experts* reviewing the past c+c music and making their own to match it in spirit (hence the retro original c+c music in the kane trailer and the footage)

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

BlitzKrieg wrote:
    no westwood have been gone for years.

Most of the original team is on the team that did the new star wars rts empire at war. Petroglyph.

I dont know how much of the original team is on this? I hear some people say none of them are.
    Louis Castle, co-founder of Westwood, is now VP of Creative Development at EA Los Angeles (EALA), so he may have brought some people with him :/

Here's a 14Min ingame video from the games convention earlier thisweek:

http://www.gamevideos.com/video/id/5345

you can DL it from the link just to the right of the streaming video, it's 200Mb :)

CC

• Registered Users Posts: 8,022 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Looks pretty damn good tbh. I have no doubt the Gameplay will be up to the usual c&c standard, they havent let me down yet ;)

ahh so you missed generals then?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,022 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

I loved generals and the add on zero hour. The only game that was bad was Renegade but that wasnt even an rts type game.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

starcraft is the king of rts

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

ive been moaning about EA making this game that it will be **** and all because no joe kucan (well there is joe now) but i am now much more hopefull but i still doubt EA games motvies on this 1....

Advertisement