Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

power on or power off?!!3

Options
  • 24-08-2006 2:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭

basically, netgear 834g, however not using it wireless ,using it though ethernet.

Prob is i use it in the morning and its fine but after a couple of hrs of being turned on (not being used router left on) it cant get the internet, ip gives me a 169 address , im forced to power cycle the router (ie turn on turn off) and it works fine.

any ideas?!:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Check for firmware upgrade?
    Using DHCP presumably? Try static IP address.
    Try winsck/ TCP/IP fix?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭magick

Check for firmware upgrade?
    Using HDCP presumably? Try static IP address.
    Try winsck/ TCP/IP fix?

havent firmware upgraded yet because i only bought it the other day.

using hdcp

tired winsock,tcip fix , wont work, have to power cycle to get it to work,weird eh? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

What is the exact setup/background? ( comp->834g->? via ethernet?)
    Reset the router, and start from scratch.

What operating system (ver) are you using?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭magick

What is the exact setup/background? ( comp->834g->? via ethernet?)
    Reset the router, and start from scratch.

What operating system (ver) are you using?

basically 834g , in the other room about 5 meters away, using ethernet connection.

using win xp sp2

Firmware Version V1.04.01
    weird prob wont work after a few hrs which im forced to power cycle then works but have to repeat the same process

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭Urban Kaos

Doesn't a 169 prefix usually indicate that the DHCP server is offline when the PC is trying to renew the address?

Are you able to remotely access the router from internet explorer to confirm the connectivity to your router?

I dont know if this is what you refer to as your TCP/IP fix, but have you tried ipconfig /renew? This should force the router to send you a new address.

Alternatively try the router on a different port; see if that makes a whole lot of difference....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16 AnStrathBan

note that MBNA will charge you a cash advance fee for every deposit you make to gambling sites though

Advertisement