Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband in Wicklow: The full story.

Options
  • 24-08-2006 3:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭

Ok, I've spent the last 3 years in Canada where life isn't just good as far as the Internet is concerned: It's rivers of mana from heaven compaired to the dismal, disgusting and putrid state Eircom had Ireland in the last time I was home. Both myself and my Canadian wife are heavy-duty Internet users who spend an incredible amount of time dedicating ourselves to our work, play and enterainment through this flickering box we've both come to embrace as a part of our lives.

But after 3 years of tom ****ery with Canadian immigration, we're considering heading home to my sleepy home town of Ashford to get out of the city and return to the slower pace of life provided in the country I love. I don't mean to get off on a rant here, but I miss Ireland like I'd miss one of my own children.

But sufficed to say I need the whole scoop concerning the broadband situation in my local area. Ashford is 4 miles out of Wicklow town and about 12 out of Arklow. I need to know what services are available in my area, which ones are and are not capped, which ones are RELYABLE and aren't going to give me the 3 month runaround getting set up.(Because lets face it, the punctuality of the average company in Ireland is disgusting and intolerable compaired to the corporate oiled machines that the North American continent totes.)

Whats the scoop, who do I go with and how fast is it going to get set up, whats my bandwidth like and are they going to burn a hole in my pocket.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,343 ✭✭✭red_bairn

Go to Tech>Nets/Comms>Broadband>BB availability. Where and when.

Other details will be found in BB section.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 bigpants

Hey there!

There are a few companies that provide to Wicklow but it just depends on where in Wicklow. We live over toward Rathdrum and we're going through BTIreland.

http://www.btireland.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 649 ✭✭✭fillmore jive

broadband is everywhere in that region now: newcastle, newtown, kilcoole., so i say there is a very good chance you will be able to get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 idmig

Given the positive attitude you have towards all things Irish, are you sure you want to come home!!:( Broadband available in Ashford from most suppliers since March. Up to 4meg bandwidth. Round €40 per month. No great delay in supplying it particularly if you go with Eircom as they still own the local loop

Advertisement