Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Junior!

• 24-08-2006 4:28am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Ny1 goin inta d junior dis year..? Scary..! :eek:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

And the new batch come in.. *rubs hands*

Btw, see the Charter for the views on text speak in this forum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Ooh goodie, new kids, welcome folks :)

Not always, my History mock was far, FAR simpler than my actual JC mock. A lot of the rest of them were around the same standard.

Yeah, to do well you have tp put in work, to just get by you really don't need to put in any effort whatsoever.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 290 ✭✭Tak3n

The junior cert is one of the least important exams you will ever take in your life... noone cares about it... dont let people tell you otherwise.

Dont bother studying... even if you fail everything you still go into 4th year... pfft ohh yeh the exams are piss easy aswel =/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,474 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Piste wrote:
    actual JC mock.
    ????
    Tak3n wrote:
    The junior cert is one of the least important exams you will ever take in your life
    However, when it is the only one you have done, its the most important one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭JSK 252

Good point Victor. When did you do the junior certificate anyway? What did you get? 13 more days to wait till I get mine!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭whassupp2

Ah, the old JC.

Those were the days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yep, back when exclamation marks were so plentiful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭whassupp2

yep and when sitting 2 and a half hours in the same place was a long time.

• Advertisement

Tak3n wrote:
    The junior cert is one of the least important exams you will ever take in your life... noone cares about it... dont let people tell you otherwise.

Dont bother studying... even if you fail everything you still go into 4th year... pfft ohh yeh the exams are piss easy aswel =/

See this is the kind of attitude that gets people so stressed and worried about the exam. Most people want to do well at what they do and doing well in the JC shows that they can put in time and effort and get a slip of paper to prove it. Also JC results do matter if you're planning to go to college in the UK because you need to put them down on your UCAS as they are sort of the equivalent of GCSEs.

To all Newbies, yeah don't go crazy over the JC but if you want to put in work and get a good grade, dont let people's "Lolz JC doesn't matter!" comments stop you. Some people want to push their potential and work to the best of their abilities, that's a brilliant attitude to have, some people don't give two ****es about it because they don't see it as important, that's also fine, it's all about what YOU see as important and what you want to get out of the exam.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭curliq

godsdamnit i'm a n00b in yet another forum....ahwell.

Welcome, n00blet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,474 ✭✭✭✭Victor

JSK 252 wrote:
    Good point Victor. When did you do the junior certificate anyway?
    I did it when it was called the Intermediate Certificate (the "Inter"), in 1987.
    What did you get?
    1A, 3B, 2C, 2D, 2 fails or some such.

= 23/30 points or 460/600 points.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,252 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

For many people, the Junior Cert. is the first thing they do entirely on their own - Mummy and Daddy can't help, you can't talk your way out of it, it 'judges' you as you are. Of course it is important.

Is it the most important thing will ever happen in your life? No, I hope not.

What IS important is the way you approach it. Much of your Leaving Cert. courses will build on stuff learned for the Junior Cert, so save yourself time and money by taking it seriously.

Ignore anyone who says it's a joke or it's easy. There are still people in this country who never get as far in education as the Junior Cert. and for well-heeled faceless boards.ie posters to rubbish it just shows class can't be learned or bought.

To try your best is all anyone can ask of you. The Junior Cert. exams are designed to maximise the number of passes (unlike the Leaving Cert.), so answer the right number of questions, answer the question you are asked and above all believe you can do well - and you will.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 mad ringo

The Junior Cert is easier than what your teachers make it out to be. I suppose it is right to put the fear of into ye as then you'll actually bother to study. If I knew the Junior Cert was so easy I'd have spent my 3 hours after school study doing better things

One of the most annoying things is you have learn far more than you will be tested on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 mad ringo

Well if we knoew exactly what was going to turn up we'd spend time on that and everyone would pass. Hey...that's a good idea :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 416 ✭✭oRlyYaRly

mad ringo wrote:
    Well if we knoew exactly what was going to turn up we'd spend time on that and everyone would pass. Hey...that's a good idea :D

I think everybody pretty much does pass at Junior Cert...

But the reason they don't tell you what you have to learn is.. so you learn everything. Like, the point is to learn stuff, not to pass an exam. (Well, you can look at it as simply passing an exam, but I think the idea they had in the school system originally was to teach people things.)

I was kind of relieved, actually, to discover that you don't have to answer everything you learned in the paper. If that were the case it'd take so very long. : p

• Advertisement
Advertisement