Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Girls in shorts. Why?

• 24-08-2006 7:01am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭

I don't understand the current trend for girls wearing ridiculous safari shorts on nights out. I mean baggy, shapeless things with a belt, which are always khaki, black or white in colour, and look stupid.
    Any one any other views on them? Well, I don't care what you say. They're crap :D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 555 ✭✭✭Caryatnid

il gatto wrote:
    Well, I don't care what you say.
    Hmm. So why start a thread?

Anyway - and I'm aware you don't care...............I agree. I think shorts should be kept for the beach/summer days. Legs look so much better in a skirt than them shorts, for some reason.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,440 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

No way I think they look great if worn with the right top and shoes... Very sexy.. Also if they fit right.. Thats important :o I'v seen it go sooooo wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭nealmac

Yeah, short skirts are so much more sexier.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,015 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Seconded, they look awful, and I am generalising here, but usually it's howya's that I've seen anyway wearing them.

They are nice if you have got nice pins but surely,nobody will be wearing them come October!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭fuzzywiggle

I like them on certain girls who can really pull it off. Some girls can't. What's wrong with them? They're shorter than skirts, so more leg can be shown! Men shouldn't have a probably with them!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭abetarrush

they're horrible indeed

aboot 2% of the ladies that wear em can pull em off

i think they were them cos they have granny nickers on :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

I think they were them to show off legs, but not having people like abetarrush seeing what kind of Knickers they are wearing!

John

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭brown*eyed*girl

Thumbs down in general from me too. I bought a pair and never wore them as I just felt a bit stupid in them. They're neither here nor there. Either you go for hot pants or trousers imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭jobonar

eo980 wrote:
    Seconded, they look awful, and I am generalising here, but usually it's howya's that I've seen anyway wearing them.

well said!

i can't stand them i think girls look terrible in them! whats wrong with a good aul fashioned mini skirt?? girls look so much sexier in skirts! thank god my gf hates shorts too but she has a liking for short skirts!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭abetarrush

yeah, and skirts are way more slimmin

Theres only like 2 people i can think of that look good in these shorts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

ye, not a fan of the shorts, they're sh1te looking....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭il gatto

Caryatnid wrote:
    Hmm. So why start a thread?

Anyway - and I'm aware you don't care...............I agree. I think shorts should be kept for the beach/summer days. Legs look so much better in a skirt than them shorts, for some reason.

I do care,but not enough for anyone to change my mind :D
    There's a time and a place for shorts like that, and it's on holiday, in a dessert, when your trousers have been stolen by a monkey.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭chump

Some of them are great. As with a lot of styles a few can ruin them for everyone else. I would of course prefer an equivalent length skirt :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭CathyMoran

I think that they have to be the right shorts for them to look OK and I agree that not everyone can wear them. My shorts are above the knee and quite narrow. They are handy if you want to go for a fast walk but stay cool - it is really hard to walk fast in a short skirt without the wind interfering. Having said that, I mostly wear mini skirts and accept the consequences. Hot pants look great but you can not wear them everywhere - I wore my hot pants for the first time in Ireland and it still felt a little strange.

CathyMoran wrote:
    They are handy if you want to go for a fast walk but stay cool - it is really hard to walk fast in a short skirt without the wind interfering.
    ???

Ahh that's funny Cathy. In fairness folks, just to clarify, we are talking about shorts that some women wear as a fashion item. You'll often see them worn with bright tops and even brighter lipstick, by some young 'lady' who has a questionable haircut to go with the questionable fashion sense. You know the hairstyle I'm talking about..... I don't know what it's called so I'll do my best to describe it. The young 'lady' always has long hair, but it's pulled back and up on top of her head and held in place, it's a little 60's looking......................... which is where it perhaps should have stayed.

I like them on certain girls who can really pull it off. Some girls can't. What's wrong with them? They're shorter than skirts, so more leg can be shown! Men shouldn't have a probably with them!
    Yes, but not as sexy. A skirt provides more access, if you know what I mean.

I don't have a problem with them as such. I just prefer skirts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 Nickgrime

I think the shorts can look nice on a gal when worn with tights or footless tights!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭Doomspell

Nickgrime wrote:
    I think the shorts can look nice on a gal when worn with tights or footless tights!

I've only ever seen that being done twice. One of them looked like shyte and the other looked like...shyte:D
    I think that shorts and tights is a bit much. Shorts are for the summer going out to the beach or going running in or something along the lines of that. But tights are for the winter, so in wearing them both is a bit of a cry for help. Either for the summer or winter.

Tights are quite sexy though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

hot pants = sexy

mini skirt = sexy

knee length shorts = not sexy.

Knee lenght shorts can be worn by a gal to work on hot days or what ever but on a night out on the town I would definitely stay away from them. A mini skirt or hot pants would show off a nice figure much better

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭metaoblivia

I can't fathom going out in shorts. I agree that shorts are for summertime and going to the beach, not for a night on the town. Hot pants can be an exception but you've got to have great legs to pull those off.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

I noticed working in the club last night, so many girls in shorts. Was quite confusing. Mmm, legs.

Don't get me wrong. Leg's are good. Shorts show the leg but make you think twice about talking to the owners, as, A: The person is shortly going back to the equatorial country they just home came from B:They take sports WAY too seriously or C: They're just stupid :D (no offence to anyone who posted in favour of shorts:) )

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Actually yes, I wouldn't go up to shorts girls either, good to look at, not to bring home to mother. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

What? I wear out shorts all the time and am always getting compliments!I love wearing them with my flat shoes cos its really comfy and Im going for the cool mischa Barton look:) I cant wear knee lenghts one cos they dont flatter me at all but I have a pair of denim cutoffs and tweed ones that I often wear on nights out. They actually make my legs look way slimmer then if I was wearing skirts.
    Whos likes short shorts??
    I like short shorts!!

Short shorts, as in hotpants are fine. Tweed? That sounds hideous. Then again, if you look like Mischa Barton, maybe you can get away with it. Who compliments you for wearing shorts? Sounds like they're grasping at straws for a chatup line :D

il gatto wrote:
    Who compliments you for wearing shorts? Sounds like they're grasping at straws for a chatup line :D

Nasty.

I meant they were unable to find a good opening line, due to her Goddess like, Mischa Barton style appearance. Not that tweed shorts were her best feature. I can seehow it read nasty though. Sorry panda100 :)

• Advertisement

I believe he knew what you meant, nasty joke. :P

Advertisement