Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Going to see Barcelona

• 24-08-2006 9:34am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭

Hey I'm heading over to Barcelona in October and picked the weekend to coincide with the Barca vs Sevilla game. I'm just wondering if anyone has been before and has any sort of advice I might benefit from. :)

Some questions: Where's the best place to buy tickets? (I'm booking everything seperately so have no interest in a package deal), How long before the game do they go on sale? Do La Liga fixtures get moved around for telly at all? (I'm pretty sure the answer to this is no)

In general if you have any thoughts or experience to share please do. Seating, ettiquette, getting to the Camp Nou, anything really.

Thanks. :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭Andrew 83

Tickets go on sale to non members 15 days before the games. You can buy them through the club website normally. Might be worth a look around the internet for other options to make sure but I bought tickets while I was over there from the ticket office in the ground.

You get loads of room in the seats and it's a great atmosphere. Also the way the ground is structured you get a great view from pretty much everywhere so it's up to you but I would say you don't particularly need to shell out for the most expensive tickets.

Just get a taxi to the ground before the game, they're fairly cheap, think it was about 5/6 euro from the city centre. It's a nightmare getting back from the ground though, had to walk all the way back to the Ramblas which took ages, try and investigate what the story is with buses as we saw some passing us which seemed to be put on for the game but didn't know where to go to get on.

Also if you've time try to go on the stadium tour if you're there for a couple of days, it costs about 10 euro but was more than worth it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

The Nou Camp is fantastic and you'll definitely enjoy your match there.

Getting there is easy, you can take the Metro and walk to it in about 10 mins. God knows what it will be like though on match day. Have fun!

Here is a Metro map. Get the blue line to Collblanc. The yellow space near it on the map is the Nou Camp

I definitely second the stadium tour as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Stky10

Bout three years ago we got tickets for the opening league game of the season against athletico madrid the day before the game, at the ground.

Getting to the Nou Camp is no problem and its a nice place before the game, but getting away from the ground after the game is the interesting bit. The metro is crazy trying to get on. Its probably a good idea to just find a bar around the stadium and wait an hour for the crowd to clear a bit before going back to the
    city centre.

As already posted, do get the stadium and museum tour. Its pretty good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Excellent Idea, I have been meaning to do this for the last two years. Can not wait when I do get over...probably second part of the year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Roddy23

Did this last year. Brilliant craic, ye'll be amazed at the ground, from outside it doesn't look big at all. But the way they designed it, it goes right under, so when yer inside it is massive. Went last year to the trophy game before the season starts, was against Juve, savage atmosphere, would well and truly recommend.
    It's a nightmare getting back from the ground though, had to walk all the way back to the Ramblas which took ages, try and investigate what the story is with buses as we saw some passing us which seemed to be put on for the game but didn't know where to go to get on.

Getting home is madness, like one of the ealrier posters, we ended up walking home to Las Ramblas, nice walk. Because the games start so late, when they're finished there was no metro, or buses in service.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Shred

If you're staying in a hotel there should be no problem getting tickets. Apparently it's only difficult to get tickets for the games against Espanyol/Real Madrid and the champs lge, all other games should be fine. I went over to Barcalona in February and went to see Barca playing Betis. There were 8 of us and we asked about tickets in our hotel on the day of the game and they arranged the whole thing over the phone. They usually have a seating plan and you can pick your seats but beware - the initial price they give you might be expensive. Originally the clerk was quoting 80-100 euros each and when we weren't having that he got us tickets for 45 euros. The tickets were delivered to the hotel later that day. The seats were on the 3rd tier directly up from the corner flag (on the right opposite the dugouts) and we had a clear view of everything. Getting to the stadium was quite easy on the metro but when we were heading home the metro was jammed so we hung around for a drink for about an hour and we were grand. It was a brilliant night and it's well worth doing. Have fun!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,954 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

I think you can actually but Barca tickets from some atms. :eek:

Best thing to do is head down to the Camp Nou and do the tour on the first day you are there and pick up tickets while you´re at it.

www.soccer-spain.com is an excellent English language Spanish football site.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭Andrew 83

Zebra3 wrote:
    I think you can actually but Barca tickets from some atms. :eek:

You can but I think you have to be a member to do it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

I went there last season. Barcelona Vs Deportivo. 3-2 to Barcelona, brilliant match.

The nou camp itself is a great stadium, whereever you are seated, you have nice bit of room so its comfortable, there isnt really a bad view in any part of the ground.

I would recommend you do the stadium tour, its an amazing experience.

There is a metro station a few blocks away from the nou camp, so its only a short walk from there.

Hope you have a great time!

Advertisement