Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaming on wireless broadband

• 24-08-2006 9:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭

Hi Guys was thinking of getting the new digiweb metro broadband in, but i also would like to do on-line gaming and was wondering how people found wireless for this

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

If you have a good connection to the net then it's as good as any other BB connection (DSL, cable, etc).

The problem is that many Fixed Wireless BB connections don't function properly. You only have to read thru this forum to see complaints about IBB.

Having said that, I'm on IBB Breeze 2Mb and my connection is perfect. I get great pings on BF2 servers and have never been kicked for high ping or get connections timing out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

I get this in IBB after 7pm

Ping statistics for 217.146.92.74:
    Packets: Sent = 100, Received = 78, Lost = 22 (22% loss),
    Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
    Minimum = 27ms, Maximum = 4177ms, Average = 810ms

But I would be intrested to hear peoples expierences of gaming on Metro as imseriouslly concidering getting them in as an alternitave to IBB, cause nothing can be as bad as that lot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 111 ✭✭bindybandy

Hi guys,

I've had a fairly good experience with ntl but will probably have to change now as I don't want their tv service so I'm in Galway and wondering has Metro been good for people since it started? I'm not that bothered about the download speeds being perfect all the time but as long as it is good for gaming I'm a happy camper. So could someone in Galway post on what the experience has been like so far maybe?

cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,343 ✭✭✭red_bairn

In our household we are using ESAT and I find the wireless grand for playing games, i.e. Soldier of Fortune. Sometimes get kicked also but most of the times I"m grand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

I dont think the question is about wireless routers but actual wireless BB. Unless esat now do a wireless BB. I think youre confusing youre router with youre BB.

• Advertisement
Advertisement