Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Belly button?

Options
  • 24-08-2006 12:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭

I got my belly button pierced in September but while visiting a more reputable piercer it was pointed out to me that the piercing was a surface piercing not a belly button piercing. It had just been done completely wrong. I took it out then (January) and haven't paid much attention to it since. There was still a hole there but I wasn't too pushed about it, figured I'd give it time.

Anyway, last night in bed it felt really itchy. I ignored and fell asleep but when I woke up the old piercing was very sore and red. The skin in the middle of it has gone rock hard where as before it was fleshy. The hole at the bottom is gone and is covered by a very itchy and tender bit of skin that isn't level with the piercing. What I mean by that is when I look at my belly button in the mirror I can see this lump of skin very easily as it is about the size of a hive or something.

Does anyone know what caused this and what I should do now? I don't know if it's connected but yesterday I took out my nose ring (pierced for 5 years) just to wipe the stud. It was out for less than 30 seconds and when I went to put it back in the whole thing had closed up. Couldn't get a ring or a straight stud or anything in. It was also very itchy and swollen. Any ideas why this if happening?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

Could just be a bite from somethin that was in your bed :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

If you have problems with two separate piercings there may be something bigger at play here.

You can ask the tattoo shop first and then a GP if it persists.

Advertisement