Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Crazy French

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭unnameduser

comanche wrote:
    But its not about perception or anything like that. Its maximizing the space available to you.

Ah but sure if your perception is good you can drive your car within a few cms of the car infront/behind and stop. You are not losing that much space!!

Risking damage to your/someone else's car to gain an extra few cms is certainly not worth it

On another note i think ill attach a hitch to the back of my car. My dad smacked into a wall behind him once and knocked the wall. Not a bit of damage to the car cause he had a hitch (Thank god it wasnt a car he hit:p )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭comanche

Ah but sure if your perception is good you can drive your car within a few cms of the car infront/behind and stop. You are not losing that much space!!

Risking damage to your/someone else's car to gain an extra few cms is certainly not worth it

On another note i think ill attach a hitch to the back of my car. My dad smacked into a wall behind him once and knocked the wall. Not a bit of damage to the car cause he had a hitch (Thank god it wasnt a car he hit:p )

don't get many of this hitches in paris! would totally mess em up!

btw a cm may not seem like a large space in a straight line, but when turning it gives alot of room. Thats how parallel parking works...

in other countries if you touch the curb other car when doing parallel parking in the test you fail...

my point here is that is just used to maxamise space - nothing to do with spacial reasoning...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,660 ✭✭✭maidhc

comanche wrote:
    btw a cm may not seem like a large space in a straight line, but when turning it gives alot of room. Thats how parallel parking works...

A cm isn't much space. I'd like to meet a person who gets out the tape measure before parallel parking. If you cant park in 300cms, you most certainly won't be able to in 301cms.

Most people don't touch park because they are such good drivers, a good driver will be able to judge down to a couple of cms the size of their car.

Anyhow my biggest complaint would be with people who scrape the corner of the bumper trying to get out/get in. I have had it happen so many times. In fact before it they bumpers were resprayed, the 4 corners of the Avensis were damaged this way (as well as the 1/4 panel being bashed in from a 4x4 trying to park).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭Darwin

I've spent a lot of time in Nice this summer and can confirm the way in which people park is atrocious. I saw one guy trying to get a Golf into a spot that was eventually taken by a smart car! I saw somebody else drape heavy duty cardboard over their front and rear bumpers for added protection! I reckon a rusty old Renault 4 with bullbars on the front and a towbar on the rear is the only way to go...

Advertisement