Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tribute to Dime and Chuck.

• 24-08-2006 12:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭

This certainly rocks, and a lot less of an eye-sore than most graffiti.

dime1.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Wow, that's incredible! Where is it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭Arucard

bollocks! i thought this was going to be about a repeat of Dimenation coupled with the addition of a Chuck tribute! bah! still cool tho :D

the Death side looks coolest

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Da da da da da, I'm lovin' it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭Ancient1

Excellent - nice to see something other than Eminem rulz.

Any word on where it is?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Ah sorry guys, it's in Newfoundland somewhere.

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

That is quality. Hopefully we'll see more of them popping up around the world. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Dathai

I never understood why Dime's death was more of an upset than Chuck's.
    I guess pantera were just more popular..
    Chuck ftw imo

Dathai wrote:
    Chuck ftw imo

Yep, a lot more people knew who Dime was than Chuck. They're both tragic, and they've both left their mark on music.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Oral Slang

Dathai wrote:
    Chuck ftw imo

Nah, I think it was more to do with the way Dime died - it was a totally unexpectable & unbelievable thing that happened, rather than Chuck dying after battling cancer. Both were tragic, but Dime's was just more shocking..

• Advertisement

^ditto. if John Lennon/Kurt Cobain had have died of natural causes, their death would not have caused such a shockwave. getting shot on stage, mid gig....thats just shocking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

**** thats cool

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Barry.S

That kind of thing is why graffiti is considered an art by many.
    Now, I know who Dime is and I don't want to sound like a douche but who is Chuck?
    *Cowers in fear of thrown objects* :confused:

Barry.S wrote:
    That kind of thing is why graffiti is considered an art by many.
    Now, I know who Dime is and I don't want to sound like a douche but who is Chuck?
    *Cowers in fear of thrown objects* :confused:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chuck_schuldiner

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭pbsuxok1znja4r

Haha I was wondering for ages where in teh world I knew I'd seen that exact pic of Chuck from...until my eyes eventually strayed over to Karl's avatar :rolleyes:
    I too, in my ignorance, must go read up on this "Chuck", if that is his real name.

[Edit]: That's sad...*shakes fist at American healthcare system*

Haha I was wondering for ages where in teh world I knew I'd seen that exact pic of Chuck from...until my eyes eventually strayed over to Karl's avatar :rolleyes:
    I too, in my ignorance, must go read up on this "Chuck", if that is his real name.

[Edit]: That's sad...*shakes fist at American healthcare system*

Hah, I was wondering who'd be the first to comment on my avatar. ;)

Aye, it's very sad indeed.

Incidentally, I've been listening to Individual Thought Patterns constantly the last couple of days. Amazing album. Check out The Philosopher and Spirit Crusher. Oh, and seriously take a look at Crystal Mountain from the Live In L.A. DVD, which is quite easily one of the best live shows I've ever seen put to disc. Seriously, buy that DVD if you get the chance!

And while we're talking tributes, here's my very own tribute to Chuck, my main guitar which is styled after his:

1070377867_l.jpg

Oral Slang wrote:
    Nah, I think it was more to do with the way Dime died - it was a totally unexpectable & unbelievable thing that happened, rather than Chuck dying after battling cancer. Both were tragic, but Dime's was just more shocking..

Well, he had cancer, or at least a tumor, twice.He was completly broke, worked and worked to raise the money, and then was too sick in the end too work for the money to pay the bills.He died pretty much soon after.

I find that much more tragic, considering he was a far superior musician to Dimebag, and Death was on a steadier road than any of Dime's projects.I mean, dont get me wrong, yeah Pantera were good and all, but, they were finished.Damageplan sucked ass.
    He got shot, which was sad of course.I just think Chuck's death is much more to be upset about than Dime's.
    That's just my opinion though.

Lets not have this as a Dime vs. Chuck debate. I know who's music meant a lot more to me, but they were both fantastic musicians and they both died tragic deaths.

agreed. also, thats a sweet guitar, hope it plays as good as it looks :)
    i have the Live in LA DVD as well; great DVD.

i've brought this up before, but it would be fantastic if there was a repeat of Dimenation this year (Dime tribute gig that was held in Fibbers last December for those unknowing), and if there was a tribute for Chuck 5 days later. tho i guess Pantera tributes are a lot more common than Death tributes :/

Arucard wrote:

It actually plays even better than it looks! :D

• Advertisement

Wow...have to agree with Daithí.
    Chuck's death seems far more tragic.

Being refused a life saving treatment just because you can't aford it. That's sick.

Wow...have to agree with Daithí.
    Chuck's death seems far more tragic.

Being refused a life saving treatment just because you can't aford it. That's sick.

Yeah, it's one ****ing ****ty way to go. ****ing horrible just to think about it.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

I thought this thread would be another, omfg they were sooo cool, didn't click it till now. Cool graffiti man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Necrosis

chuck was an absolute legend, from scream bloody gore to tsop it was pretty much quality straight the way through, excellent guitarist excellent vocalist! sucks how he died for sure, not going to get into an argument but idsay the reason people see dimes as more tragic is, he was on stage doing what he loved and was shot, chuck knew what his faith was, he had time to prepare for it, still though, im not going to say which is worse, just saying thats probably why dimes death to many would be more tragic.

but they both deserve respect as they have both influenced millions! got dimes guitar, havent played it in ages...i might have to get it out again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

Lets not have this as a Dime vs. Chuck debate. I know who's music meant a lot more to me, but they were both fantastic musicians and they both died tragic deaths.

agreed, both different styles, both brilliant at what they did, both tragic deaths

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 237 ✭✭Buddhapadge

Arucard wrote:
    i have the Live in LA DVD as well; great DVD.

i've brought this up before, but it would be fantastic if there was a repeat of Dimenation this year (Dime tribute gig that was held in Fibbers last December for those unknowing), and if there was a tribute for Chuck 5 days later. tho i guess Pantera tributes are a lot more common than Death tributes :/

There will be another Dime-ination gig this year, we're starting preparations now. I'd love to see a Chuck tribute gig as well though, that would be awesome.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭spiritcrusher

Pity nothing like that ever gets going in Galway. I know me and my friends would love see something like that. I mean I would pay for the opportunity to belt out Crystal Mountain to people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭SirLemonhead

Pfffffft, Criss Oliva > all other dead guitarists ;)

If Criss Oliva is so great, how come he's dead?

• Advertisement
Advertisement