Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Paint Chip Repair

Options
  • 24-08-2006 12:48pm
    Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,946 ✭✭✭

Hey there,

I got a small paint chip on my bonnet just above the light and am wondering where to go to get it fixed?
    It's down to the metal and is starting to rust:(

It's only small but It's a new car and I would like to get it fixed asap

All help appreciated

Thanks

Mik

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

carcraft are good, I've used them before

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭paraicr

Halfords do some decent self repair kits. 3-pen sets with primer, paint and laquer, and some tools for removing rust.
    Not bad for small chips, if you take care when your doing them, and considering it could be the first of many €15 is a good investment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

paraicr wrote:
    Halfords do some decent self repair kits. 3-pen sets with primer, paint and laquer, and some tools for removing rust.
    Not bad for small chips, if you take care when your doing them, and considering it could be the first of many €15 is a good investment.
    colour never matches correctly and it's never a smooth finish

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,946 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

paraicr wrote:

I was considering this but as car is only 2 months old I was not too sure of the quality of finish.
    and as it's on the bonnet i don't wany to f*ck it up;)

But if people think they work well/bad please let me know

• Advertisement
Advertisement