Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nihil, Nihil!

• 24-08-2006 12:59pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 122 ✭✭

I don't know if it really comes under 'experimental' but I really have to recommend Current 93's "All Dolled Up Like Christ". It's so good I could listen to it over and over in all its subtle variations.
    Dont you agree John?
    (Congrats on getting experimental recognised. For truely it is grim!)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

Haha, thanks love!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 760 ✭✭✭ZWEI_VIER_ZWEI

Who's Niall?

Tibet always struck me as a whiny bollocks anyway <3

What would you know, you're a Death In June fan :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 PsychForm

Current 93 has a long run in the "experimental" scene. The best stuff, in my opinion, is the early, darker stuff. 'Dogs Blood Rising', 'Nature Unveiled', 'Faust', and 'Who is The Sufferer' are some excellent examples. The newer stuff is more traditional folk oriented and is really not my bag. But the fact that Steven Stapleton of Nurse With Wound is so closely associated with David Tibet and C93, means they will always be held tight in the experimental community.

Psych

PsychForm Records
    Eclectic Listening

I'm not a fan of the earlier stuff, it always sounds a little contrived to me. More of a fan of the folk stuff. Earth Covers Earth is just incredible!

• Advertisement
Advertisement