Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

For sale signs on modified cars

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

CiaranC wrote:
    Strange, thats not my experience in driving around in a classic mini. It never occurred to me to flash BMW drivers.

I know a few mini drivers, none of which see a relationship between the two, beyond using the badge as a marketing ploy.

[Offtopic]
    Well then, I have a great pity for you. This is exactly the type of bickering that's causing the IMOC (Irish Mini Owners Club) to fight amongst itself and turn members away. The Mini Club I'm in (MINI Club of Ireland - I know, this is like the Peoples front of Judea with all the names) respects both. Anyone who claims a new MINI is not like a classic Mini is narrow minded and probably hasn't driven the new one for any length of time. The new MINI drives just as well as the old one, more so, has the same superb handling, feel, fun factor, and is a lot safer. Of course, the people who complain are probably the ones who've never driven one, and scoff at them on a regular basis.

In our club, most members have Classics and MINIs, and love both with all our hearts. We all still love Minis, and we love our new MINIs too, and guess what? We'll flash any MINI/Mini driver on the road. We'll organise huge runs like MTM for both cars, and both Classic and MINI owners will stay up 'til the late hours regaling each other with tall tales of what they did in their cars.

Marketing Ploy? Feel free to say that, but at least go drive one. The new BMW MINI coalition are doing their best to promote classics, and on most of the large scale MINI events (Such as Misano), there are dedicated Classic sections, events, and Classic owners are always invited. This would have been the same car Rover would have brought out had BMW not bought the Rover group. So is it BMW you have a problem with? Because you could use the same argument for when Rover bought the Mini from British Leyland. Times change, cars change, but it's nice to see that MINI actually want to preserve Classics, and are building a Museum at the plant in Oxford to show people just how good the Classic Mini still is.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭jhegarty

For those who missed it

http://audio.todayfm.com/audio/20060823170010.mp3

@ 27:30 into the file

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

He kinda made a fool of himself there. no real facts to back up his beliefs.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭jhegarty

jhegarty wrote:
    For those who missed it

http://audio.todayfm.com/audio/20060823170010.mp3

@ 27:30 into the file

good bit on the driving test waiting list ealier in the file too (as you have it download.)...

Advertisement