Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

USB not being detected.

• 24-08-2006 2:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 47

Hello!

My laptop is not detecting some USB devices - mouse or floppy disk drive. It will detect digital cameras but that's different. The devices are all working on my PC. The PC automatically detects the new hardware. How do I make the Laptop detect the settings?

Any help would be appreciated,
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

What OS is on the laptop?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 654 ✭✭✭mr_disc

have a look in device manager ( while the devices are plugged in ) .......... can u see them listed there ? ( more than likely a yellow exclamation mark will be beside them , in which case u will need to update the drivers for them, and / or USB controller drivers 2 )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

I'm assuming you are running Windows XP, if so then it should automatically detect your hardware and then ask you for a driver disk (if it can't find one) for the device.

Advertisement