Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mincing machines, or other method of mincing

• 24-08-2006 2:20pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭

Does anybody know where to get a cheap mincing machine. Did a search on ebay and all I got was Julian Clary dvds :eek: (seriously!)

I tried some in a small food blender but it wasnt great, maybe I just need to do it in my bigger blender with a sharper blade, just hate cleaning it. All this low fat mince is very expensive when you can by cheap rib steak and cut off what little fat there is, also you know it is not full of tails, offal and sweepings.

I don't mind having a few large chunks in there. Does anybody have any tips? I did cut it into 1/2-1" cubes before attempting blending.

EDIT: "mincer" is turning up more results on ebay, I had tried "mincing machine"

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭Blub2k4

rubadub wrote:
    Does anybody know where to get a cheap mincing machine. Did a search on ebay and all I got was Julian Clary dvds :eek: (seriously!)

I tried some in a small food blender but it wasnt great, maybe I just need to do it in my bigger blender with a sharper blade, just hate cleaning it. All this low fat mince is very expensive when you can by cheap rib steak and cut off what little fat there is, also you know it is not full of tails, offal and sweepings.

I don't mind having a few large chunks in there. Does anybody have any tips? I did cut it into 1/2-1" cubes before attempting blending.

EDIT: "mincer" is turning up more results on ebay, I had tried "mincing machine"

I want one too and spotted one a while back in Roches as far as I remember, it's the old school type with a crank and a screw. I didn't get it at the time cos funds didn't allow, must have a look again soon, seeing as how you've reminded me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Cheers, and roches are meant to be having a good sale now (or soon) due to the closure/transfer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 tadhg123

lidl had them not so long ago E60, got one there myself and its great. Id say a hand cranked one is a bit of a nightmare though. its bad enough removing sinews from an electric mincer

I think I'm gonna have to face up to something and change my sig :(

changed, does it work now?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

I have a Lidl one and it is great of course you get what you pay for and it will not mince cheap cuts with lots of connective tissue as Tadgh123 pointed out.
    It does however come with a sausage stuffing attachment and this has been great fun.
    I think if you search under meat grinder it may be better.
    Ebay usually has a few in the cooking section.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,472 ✭✭✭✭Alun

See if you can pick up an old Kenwood Chef somewhere with the mincing attachment. They're robust old things ... ours will mince whole live cows, I'm sure :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭Oracle

I missed the Lidl mincer, it was sold out the day after it went on sale. They sometimes get things in again in Lidl that sell well (and sell them at a lower price!) I'm glad it's getting some positive reviews here, I'll try to get it next time. The cheapest (and only) one in Argos is €100.99 that's a good bit more than I want to pay.

Advertisement