Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Throttling and Monitoring Questions

• 24-08-2006 3:48pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,059 ✭✭✭

After much trials and tribulations, I've got the network at home set up. There are two computers on it, the desktop which connects to the router with a cable, and my laptop which connects wirelessly. Now, seeing how I'm so much more important than the rest of my family, I'd want a way to limit the connection speeds to the desktop. I don't want it to be permanent, just when I need the bandwidth for important things.
    ¬_¬

Also, is there a way of monitoring the download usuage of both computers combined, or is it just a matter of putting two and two together.

Both computers are running XP Home SP2 and the router is a Linksys WRT54G.

Also, is there a way to set it up so that NetMeter only records internet traffic and not traffic between my desktop and laptop? Or should I use different software?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 884 ✭✭✭NutJob

If you managed to get a hackable wrt54g stick dd-wrt on it and use iptables to manage your bandwidth.

Advertisement