Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Identify mystery leaf

• 24-08-2006 5:01pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 277 ✭✭

Last time someone identified a Lime tree based on shape/size of
    the leaf I photographed.
    Anyone know what this leaf (photo attached) is ?
    I've a suspicion it might be white poplar (see white leaf underside)
    but then again it might be just a young oak.

Anyone who can tell for sure ?

~ipl

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭artieanna

I have checked it out in reference books and yes I would say its a white popular (p.alba)
    the give away is the furry white underside and the leaf shape broader at base. Keep away from your house at all costs as roots can cause foundation and drain damage grows 60-80ft high.;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 451 ✭✭Irish Gardener

Its an oak leaf mountain ash (Sorbus x thuringiaca).
    Nice tree, gets people talking as many people wonder what it is.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭artieanna

go with irish gardener on this definitly...jes i thought it was......ah i was wrong:( :D

Advertisement